Longest living lurcher

7 minutes ago, northern lad said:

If it makes you feel better terry every time i have mine pts i wonder if i should have done it sooner...Allways feels like the ultimate betrayal to me...even though i know its the right thing to do....

yes it was a bit of a tricky one. My gran had after she did her leg in lamping. Then gran died and I had her back and they dotted on each other. So it was the last thing of hers so sort of a double whammy. Any way be a bloody miracle if the present black blunderbus gives me that concern 

15608670528_927f5d8a94_o.jpg

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Sadly best ive had is 13 1/2 yrs. they age quick when had a long working life then seem to deteriorate quickly at the end. Atb

would you say   13-15 years  is about average for small to mid size lurcher ,?  Bryn  11 now  and in fine fettle , Buck 6 year s old dont think  he go as long as Bryn , being a bigger dog .!

• Like 1

I’ve a 11 yr old bedlington x whippet seems pretty indistructible an still pottering along been on deaths door a few times but always pulls through definitely a coffin dodger I think her end will come when I’ve seen enough 

• Like 1

my mate had one made 18 yr old, it would be nice if they died in their beds asleep but when the time comes it becomes cruel to drag out the suffering any longer, do it filled with pride and respect for the canine that dedicated their lives serving you. and get a new pup soon after to stop you dwelling on the big hole they leave when gone. til the day comes when you meet them again.

• Like 2

Had my old Russell pts 3 weeks short of his 16th birthday, kidneys going, had a couple of fits so thought not fair to leave him for 5/6 hours while we were at work, otherwise he was good. Shame but it was his time. 

R.I.P. Tod.

D.

• Like 3