Battery

Any body tried one of the cheap lithium battery packs off eBay ? 

Dont do a lot of lamping to warrant spending £100+ on a battery , was thinking at less than £25 one of these might be worth a punt , I’m only using a lance with a 75w bulb 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-DC-12V-20000mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger-Adapter-Blue/302870946145?hash=item468483e161:g:meYAAOSwtgFbj18-

59 minutes ago, the lamping ferreter said:

I don't think it would last 5 minutes mate at the very least you want the 7ah 

You do realise that’s a 20ah one 

• Haha 1

pretty sure there were a few lads on here, a short while back,stating that these cheap batteries were made in china, and were prone to overheat when charging and in some cases burst into flames, like lads said cheap is not always the best route, I know money is tight for a lot of lads, butin long run for peace of mind I would go for a good quality  one from reputable company, myself I need a new battery for the  season so ill have to start saving hard, but it will be worth it in the long run.

22 hours ago, Chid said:

Any body tried one of the cheap lithium battery packs off eBay ? 

Dont do a lot of lamping to warrant spending £100+ on a battery , was thinking at less than £25 one of these might be worth a punt , I’m only using a lance with a 75w bulb 

https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-DC-12V-20000mAh-Rechargeable-Lithium-Ion-Battery-Charger-Adapter-Blue/302870946145?hash=item468483e161:g:meYAAOSwtgFbj18-

go for it chid, i bought 2 for my dewalt tools at a fraction of the price of the dewalt own brands and theyve been great and are used daily, made multiples of what they cost me.  and if your lamp is an led type theyre great as they power my work lights too