Vulcan/addonite

This one and there iis a vid so far down page one

ill get it for you and put the link on here for you

here you go phil

https://youtu.be/TJLAtjN1bGs

Pav rates these very highly

iv not seen it yet in the flesh but hope to soon

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Footage looks OK, but cannot find any info about it.... Is it a screen type nv like the nitesite or does it fit to front of scope?, was looking at the pulsar f155 last night they look pretty good front scope atachment. 

Edited by Phill-W68

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree with  Rapid ,buy the best if you can afford it . I have done exactly that with my  shooting gear , off road bikes and tools for work  through my adult life 

Buy the best you can afford, that was advice given to me yes ago and it's worked all my life. personally I would go pulsar, because I'm a fan of them. once the initial sting of purchase is f

Think you’ll struggle with any add-on with that scope phil... I had one and liked it but it was no good at night with a lamp either so got shot! its the closest I’ve come to smashing a rifle up?

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Phill-W68 said:

Which ones do you mean

A few are doing them now 

http://www.customriflescopes.com/shop.html#!/ADDONIGHT-HSR-the-night-vision-add-on-for-your-rifle-scope-for-308-or-lower-caliber/p/108465503/category=0  and these are now about £353 and not £399

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/warden-adder-scopecam-c2x26124662    

https://www.blackwoodoutdoors.co.uk/1080P-Black-Night-Vision-Rifle-Scope-Add .  

last one said they will beat any price but you can buy these units from china for about £225 

3 minutes ago, villaman said:

Thankyou, it fits to rear of scope but no screen. 

7 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Vulcan/addonite

This one and there iis a vid so far down page one

ill get it for you and put the link on here for you

here you go phil

https://youtu.be/TJLAtjN1bGs

Pav rates these very highly

iv not seen it yet in the flesh but hope to soon

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Villaman has just put me onto them, will have a look at them... Thankyou

57 minutes ago, villaman said:

They are a really great unit but can be scope fussy , you are better off with cheaper scopes and not highend ones plus a scope with side focus  i.e.  Hawke vantage SF , Hawke airmax , mamba lite  Hawke varmint 

Ahhhh, I have the mtc viper connect, it has side focus, but very fine reticle.... 

Does your Nitesite Viper work well enough on the MTC Connect scope you have as it has a short eye relief which may be an issue with most add-on nv systems. The idiot who was MD of MTC/Daystate  Tony Belas has stated to me at one show, the Connect is no good for add-on nv but then at the next show I asked him if there had been any change to the Connect in order to use an add-on nv and he then said, no change but you can can use add-on nv. The bloke is a complete tosser so be aware that you may need to change your scope anyway unless you buy a dedicated nv such as pulsar, not sure about the ATN as I heard some pretty bad things about them. I am not qualified to say one thing or the other but most people say the ATN is good in daylight but not very good at night and the opposite way around with Pulsar.

I wish I could afford a Pulsar although with my master eye getting worse, the Nitesite allows me to shoot with both eyes open...............................I would still have a pulsar if I could afford one along with a thermal spotting scope. Dream on old boy....

Phil

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, philpot said:

Does your Nitesite Viper work well enough on the MTC Connect scope you have as it has a short eye relief which may be an issue with most add-on nv systems. The idiot who was MD of MTC/Daystate  Tony Belas has stated to me at one show, the Connect is no good for add-on nv but then at the next show I asked him if there had been any change to the Connect in order to use an add-on nv and he then said, no change but you can can use add-on nv. The bloke is a complete tosser so be aware that you may need to change your scope anyway unless you buy a dedicated nv such as pulsar, not sure about the ATN as I heard some pretty bad things about them. I am not qualified to say one thing or the other but most people say the ATN is good in daylight but not very good at night and the opposite way around with Pulsar.

I wish I could afford a Pulsar although with my master eye getting worse, the Nitesite allows me to shoot with both eyes open...............................I would still have a pulsar if I could afford one along with a thermal spotting scope. Dream on old boy....

Phil

The reticle is not as clear as I'd like it to be as its so fine... I just can't get on with the nitesite, my accuracy goes to pot and it feels weird shooting through a screen, hence why Im looking for an alternative... 

50 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

The reticle is not as clear as I'd like it to be as its so fine... I just can't get on with the nitesite, my accuracy goes to pot and it feels weird shooting through a screen, hence why Im looking for an alternative... 

Think you’ll struggle with any add-on with that scope phil... I had one and liked it but it was no good at night with a lamp either so got shot!

its the closest I’ve come to smashing a rifle up?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
9 minutes ago, si brown said:

Think you’ll struggle with any add-on with that scope phil... I had one and liked it but it was no good at night with a lamp either so got shot!

its the closest I’ve come to smashing a rifle up?

Just my luck, its a great daytime scope, but if I go down the day/night vision then the mtc will also have to go...i have a cheap 3-9x50 hawke scope and nitesite works great with it, reticle is really clear, shame I don't get on with the nitesite, 

28 minutes ago, Phill-W68 said:

Just my luck, its a great daytime scope, but if I go down the day/night vision then the mtc will also have to go...i have a cheap 3-9x50 hawke scope and nitesite works great with it, reticle is really clear, shame I don't get on with the nitesite, 

cheap scopes are the way forward with add-ons but there not necessarily bad scopes they have bolder recs thats good for me but I dont like front focus scopes!

I dont like screen n/v either, its just a personal thing.. I like that im looking down a scope when im shooting,

I know a few of the lads that are using the n355 like walshie are well happy with them but there quite pricey... I use a photon and do alright with it but we'll leave that there cos most other ppl think there shite!! there are a few thousand rats and hundreds of rabbits that might disagree though:yes:

• Haha 2
2 minutes ago, si brown said:

cheap scopes are the way forward with add-ons but there not necessarily bad scopes they have bolder recs thats good for me but I dont like front focus scopes!

I dont like screen n/v either, its just a personal thing.. I like that im looking down a scope when im shooting,

I know a few of the lads that are using the n355 like walshie are well happy with them but there quite pricey... I use a photon and do alright with it but we'll leave that there cos most other ppl think there shite!! there are a few thousand rats and hundreds of rabbits that might disagree though:yes:

I can't get on with screen nv,s that's why it's up for sale, I give it 6months, but as you said n355 bit too much for me tbh, the atn 4k pro isnt cheap at £850 either, what's the photon rt like in the daytime? 

you can use it during the day but its not great, I wouldn't go out with it for a full session but my mate happily bangs crows out with his for the last couple of hours of daylight!

I'll take a few pictures with it in the morning and put them up for you..

it may not be the best nv unit but im on my second one xt to rt and I could of bought anything I wanted!

its for me the best rat bashing scope out there, rats are my thing but I can drop rats with it at 60yrd :thumbs:

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, si brown said:

you can use it during the day but its not great, I wouldn't go out with it for a full session but my mate happily bangs crows out with his for the last couple of hours of daylight!

I'll take a few pictures with it in the morning and put them up for you..

it may not be the best nv unit but im on my second one xt to rt and I could of bought anything I wanted!

its for me the best rat bashing scope out there, rats are my thing but I can drop rats with it at 60yrd :thumbs:

Cheers..., its a bit of both I need daytime and nighttime but with one unit...... Look forward to the pics.... ? 

• Like 1