Is it me or does everyone coming in to Lurchers only really have a interest in breeding Lurchers

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Always folks buying into dreams peddled by the  dreamers..... If you haven't seen said animals graft, or can take the word of someone who has and you trust, then, only got yourself to blame imo. I got

Mine stay till they meet there maker  you return the loyalty that the dog as given you over the seasons with the great times an experiences they’ve given you. a comfy bed An bit of feed cost nowt for

The benefit in giving pups to trusted people is you can keep your line if you loose the pups you keep for your self.the harsh truth with lads moaning about shit lurchers is how many are fed on doctor

Breeding a litter is not something I would do unless I need a replacement for my own kennels, if you wait until a bitch is 8 or 9 before you have a litter and then another 8 or 9 years before your happy with pup's in which case one litter out of top class bitch you could not keep a good kennel going like that. I had a mate who had a cracking working bitch did 5 seasons hard craft got killed in freak accident, never had a litter always going to breed from her next time, line lost,wishes he had a litter now.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Smashing reds said:

Totally agree. The lurcher game is a joke. Breeding dogs that never got tested. Dogs should have at least 6 hard seasons under there belts then consider breeding them. Only young lads breeding for the sake of it.

Proper joke mate the jobs proper f****d 

Does any one know if there’s any laws on breeding for what you or aquanauts need an having a vet anaesthetise the rest of the litter I’m almost positive that this would be the way I’d go if I ever bred a litter again but can’t see it happening I’d like to keep my own gear for my needs I’m not interested in financial gain nor would I be interested in gifting pups to people I can’t trust to do right by the pups for them to sell them on for gain. I think the old ways of doing things have truth behind them 

The benefit in giving pups to trusted people is you can keep your line if you loose the pups you keep for your self.the harsh truth with lads moaning about shit lurchers is how many are fed on doctor johns dog shit ,not exercised run 5 nights aweek with no prep.their is far more bad dog men than dogs,you can have failures in all working dogs but for fcuk sake give a working dog a Fair crack at making the grade.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, trenchfoot said:

Nobody wants an average dog, but in reality its what most people actually need, or are capable of making the most of.

It all depends on what you want from the dog most average lurchers will make the grade as ferreting dogs I would have thought.

It does anoy the feck out of me aswel it's hard to come across a decent bred dog nowadays most of the lads in these parts  only get there dogs out of there pen when they taking them out hunting and expect them to graft and be world beaters.I wouldn't have a dog given off most of them and some of the pups ive seen off them look poorly reared and want silly money for them and when most of the lads I used to know have given up its a bit of a guessing game to who's genuine and worth travelling to see there dogs or litters

A mate of mine asked me if there was any decent bull cross pups about recently so I rang around. There was a litter from a dog that I had bred to a bull cross bitch with some decent names behind her. I took my mate to see the pups and the lad who had bred them had been sent the bitch down from his mate to use his dog over. She worked with terriers and was good on top he was told. He d taken her out a couple of times but only finding a couple of runs each time. Personally I d have thrown the work at her and see how she coped. Long story short pups all put in working homes and the bitch has now jacked on her second slip. He s now doubting the pups. Personally I would nt run the pup on but it s his choice. As said earlier unless you have personally seen those dogs graft regularly then I would nt waste time and money on some ones say so.