BAD LUCK..

13 hours ago, Greyman said:

Through karma, do nice things for people and life will repay you ✌️

I would love to believe in Karma . Unfortunately there are some that mistake kindness for weakness .But you won’t go far wrong if you treat others how you would like to be treated. Respect the old , and , look after the young . There was an old wrestler called Billy two rivers , and his motto was “love many , trust few , always paddle your own canoe “ . Ive adopted it as my own mantra. And here’s another one for you while I’m feeling profound, yes even gnarly old gamekeepers can have profound moments. “ you can’t change the direction of the wind , but you can adjust your sails to get to your destination “. I don’t personally believe in luck , good or bad , shit happens . It’s how you deal with the shit that’s important. Be a man , be strong and act with honour and integrity. Do that and things will work out , and even if they don’t you will be able to look back with no regrets . 

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
25 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Fir everybody telling you to just get on with it or man up or suck it up etc thats terrible advice. Ive lost a few school friends and another good few men in the area have taken their own life because they felt they couldn't talk as they were men and would be told to man up.  If its genuinely  bad luck it will pass if its more than bad luck then talk to somebody. 

?

56 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Fir everybody telling you to just get on with it or man up or suck it up etc thats terrible advice. Ive lost a few school friends and another good few men in the area have taken their own life because they felt they couldn't talk as they were men and would be told to man up.  If its genuinely  bad luck it will pass if its more than bad luck then talk to somebody. 

Just a bit of advice for someone who asked about bad luck . If he’s feeling suicidal or he’s clinically depressed this is the last place to come for advice . He will be swinging from a low branch by the end of the day !!?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Men aren't allowed to suffer from depression, it's seen as a sign of weakness to many...especially the older generation. My wife suffered from depression and it's no laughing matter, she just didn't wanna do anything and wasn't the bubbly, happy go lucky woman I married. Luckily she managed to 'get rid' of it but it took nearly a year of medication, talking, doctors appointments etc. It's a serious issue that gets ignored far too often

Edited by dave88
  • Like 2

It is said an Eastern monarch once charged his wise men to invent him a sentence, to be ever in view, and which should be true and appropriate in all times and situations.

They presented him the words: "And this, too, shall pass."

How much it expresses! How chastening in the hour of pride! How consoling in the depths of affliction!