Do apple spy on you

50 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

That’s what mine says mate?4F9CA3A1-B465-41AA-966F-2E2853875D0C.thumb.png.62d6ab562a6c90c056321f9c267be57b.png

There must be some location settings I’ve missed somewhere , i thought I only had them enabled for the weather app . I’ll go through them and and disable it if I can see which one it is 

• Like 1

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i would say it matters when your conversations can be recorded without your consent.

So much simpler when I was a kid and didn't have to think about this shit 

They are onto you,been watching sandfield road for months,just a matter of time...………..    

Posted Images

It is f***ing terrifying where big data is taking us! Artificial intelligence techniques are mainstream in industry now and as they advance will make processing HUGE amounts of data easy and frankly 'weaponised'.

The implications and questions on the concept of freedom are scary.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I believe psychology is now suggesting that what we believe are totally free choices are in fact strongly predetermined and predictable based on our behavioural patterns. AI will take in behavioural data and make behavioural predictions that before would have been virtually impossible for a human to do due to the complexity of human behaviour. Advances will mean more data can go in and more accurate prediction will be made. That information is valuable as it is powerful.

The more connected to technology and the digital world we, as society, become the more we facilitate that. Opting out is to opt out of society and as social creatures we can't do that. The technophobes of today may think they can do that but in truth even they are technophiles compared to Victorians or Neolithic man say. Our ability to reject progress is limited to how much we want to isolate ourselves from society.

Edited by Born Hunter
1 hour ago, mackem said:

I was in London this morning,rush hour,sitting on the train and 80% of people were on their phones,i actually thought about it,all that personal data that's being collated somewhere by someone about individuals who are losing their individuality,i didn't see one person reading a paper or a book,years ago you always saw newspapers,now its tapping away on their phones constantly.

its like sitting amongst a load of zombies mackem.people just dont talk or communicate any more.sad really.

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It is f***ing terrifying where big data is taking us! Artificial intelligence techniques are mainstream in industry now and as they advance will make processing HUGE amounts of data easy and frankly 'weaponised'.

The implications and questions on the concept of freedom are scary.

have a look at a few ted talks on AI born hunter.the future AI is 100% going to change everything and not in a good way in some aspects

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

I believe psychology is now suggesting that what we believe are totally free choices are in fact strongly predetermined and predictable based on our behavioural patterns. AI will take in behavioural data and make behavioural predictions that before would have been virtually impossible for a human to do due to the complexity of human behaviour. Advances will mean more data can go in and more accurate prediction will be made. That information is valuable as it is powerful.

The more connected to technology and the digital world we, as society, become the more we facilitate that. Opting out is to opt out of society and as social creatures we can't do that. The technophobes of today may think they can do that but in truth even they are technophiles compared to Victorians or Neolithic man say. Our ability to reject progress is limited to how much we want to isolate ourselves from society.

This is about it. A few months ago There was a tv  program about people trying to evade capture. The system tracked them down with relative ease using phone locations, mobile phone calls,  road and General cctv coverage ect, ect. The only ones that evaded capture ..... just. Turned off their phones didnt use social media and went into the woods and used a tent. Keeping to the fields and traveliñg at dusk and dawn, laying up during the day and night.

3 hours ago, king said:

its like sitting amongst a load of zombies mackem.people just dont talk or communicate any more.sad really.

A black cabby I know said that most of his passengers are like this.

Foreseen way back in this song from 1969

In the Year 2525 https://g.co/kgs/oq9sfD

Edited by Meece
  • Like 2
22 hours ago, neil r said:

How would it know I was going to sandfield road though .

Best guess based on the location of the number you were calling and keywords in the conversation. The same technology that allows you to speak into the microphone and it will convert it to text for messaging would be my guess.

On 12/09/2018 at 11:00, neil r said:

They must have listened to the phone call because that was the only way it could have known I was going there this morning. I’ve not used any apps to find the address or searched on google because I already know him and where he lives , all I did was say to him I’d nip over this morning while I was on the phone to him on Monday night . Whether it’s interesting to them or not is neither here nor there , the only mention of me going over today was during an actual private phone call , not a text or email or any other app where I’d be typing stuff in 

Did you say where he lives?

3 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Did you say where he lives?

No , the conversation was basically - him,  what are you upto tomorrow , me , I’m busy tomorrow I’ll nip over Wednesday morning , him , no worries see you then . That was it . After w katchum put his screen shot up I checked my  settings and found that it tells you which apps had been active in the last 24hrs and the maps had been even though I’d not used it . It could be because I’ve got Siri as voice activated and it’s a location I go regularly . 

20 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

To see if siri is physic

It’s probably something like Chris jones said a few answers back . Nothing to do with Siri being psychic, probably voice recognition and the location of the number I was talking to and maybe because I do go over there a fair bit . Either way there was nothing dodgy happening over there , I just didn’t realise how easy it was to give your location away even though you have most location settings turned off 

my new phone told me yesterday i would have a 3 min delay on my way home from work... christ knows how it does it... must track my movements as i get an alert at 7.20 pm telling me if the roads clear ? or not but not on the weekend.... its mad.... when i got out of work tonight the road had been cordened off outside my work as the water board had to sort a burst pipe out 

they dont need to hack or tap folks phones now like that Murdock fiasco a few yrs ago