Bucket List Trips

55 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

You're an international people trafficker 

Used to have an interesting job,past tense,close……...But no cigar ;)

55 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Bhutan was on the list but..... the only massive hurdle that I see goin there and it was you, you bugger that pointed it out! It's fuucking expensive 

Yup,quite expensive BUT you cant take your £ or euros with you,life is about experiences,your looking at £2.5k'ish for Bhutan and that's before the return flight from Kathmandu which is maybe £400 for a real short flight but they have you by the bollox,you either want in or you don't,upper mustang is costing me $500 entry fee then you must employ a local guide,its going to be interesting,i will post pics :yes:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

4 hours ago, mackem said:

Funny you mention this,i just got home from the doctors,had 4 jabs this morning Hep A,Tetanus,Typhoid and MMR,got to book my rabies (course of 3 jabs),going to do something I have wanted to do for a while,getting a visa tomorrow but still need another 2,i will post pics when I am there :yes:

Couple of friends went to BC last year to Chilliwack and caught a number of big sturgeon,they did it on a budget,the bull shark in florida is interesting as my mayes emigrated there and he is a fanatical fisherman,thats why he actually chose florida,whats your budget on that do you figure?

Fieldsports bucket?Mountain lion ;)

bhutan?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

Bhutan was on the list but..... the only massive hurdle that I see goin there and it was you, you bugger that pointed it out! It's fuucking expensive lol

P.s. The van will be unrecognizable as a van and more a scary looking transformer type rascal, driven by a hobbit looking Englishman and his huge bellend of a dog lol. All eventualities are planned and catered for. The only worry I have is being murdered but hey, that's life :laugh:

What van did you settle for mush ?

Have kitted it out yourself, or get a Taylor made.

1 minute ago, Chaff said:

What van did you settle for mush ?

Have kitted it out yourself, or get a Taylor made.

Not settled on a van or specs and I have to wait two years before I can ship her off to Uni :laugh:

It's one of them mate ;) I've got the finances sorted, route planned, looked into the visas and costs etc.... bucket list lol

Doh uni more expense forgot that one trying to plan my retirement, and thinking I will be 12k a year better off when they leave school, but of course uni, my Mrs and me will be doing our bucket list travelling in mobility scooters lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, mushroom said:

I'd like to add; to any younger 'uns reading this.... get the fuuck out there! Experience, learn, travel and better yourselves. Britain was built on travel and new knowledge ;)

You forgot to mention subjugating the local populations and robbing anything that took our fancy. 

13 hours ago, riohog said:

bhutan?

just as a matter of interest mac  , ,i guess you take out travell /hesth insurance/ did they hammer you price wise  /. i never used to bother with it ,have done this time ,getting abit long in the tooth now so got too , my brother inlaw . was in italy couple of months ago  fit lad  50 ish , went on a bike ride fell off  broke his femur  ,proper job ,he was lucky he had insurance otherwise im sure it would have been a kings ransom  .

• Like 1
2 hours ago, riohog said:

just as a matter of interest mac  , ,i guess you take out travell /hesth insurance/ did they hammer you price wise  /. i never used to bother with it ,have done this time ,getting abit long in the tooth now so got too , my brother inlaw . was in italy couple of months ago  fit lad  50 ish , went on a bike ride fell off  broke his femur  ,proper job ,he was lucky he had insurance otherwise im sure it would have been a kings ransom  .

I am getting decent insurance mate as I am trekking above 4000 meters,i always get insurance wherever I go,seen too many GoFundMe appeals for people who are looking to have their healthcare bills paid and repatriated because they didn't insure their trip.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mackem said:

Every journey begins with the first step...……….i managed to get away with not having a visa  as there is a waver in vietnam under 15 days in and out .i remember getting one for shanghi china a few yrs back  that didnt come cheap   bloody robbers  

P1010892.JPG

enjoy your trip ,you only live once  ////

• Like 1
46 minutes ago, riohog said:

you only live once 

Once is enough if you do it right :yes: Trying to find Bhutanese travel firms that are a little flexible due to going on my own,i have a few places I want to visit and the Bhutanese normally deal with fixed itinerary multi-person groups,going to try and visit a few remote valleys and attend an archery contest,also trying to get a guide in ladakh in india for a couple of days snow leopard spotting,got a few weeks in Canada between now and then.Enjoy Vietnam :thumbs:

• Like 1