Bucket List Trips

On 06/05/2019 at 12:53, mackem said:

Going to reading to see him this weekend do a talk at the 2019 sportfish show.

Ask him when he,s going to release the film he made in a fish tank in a the koi shop,  I could tell loads but we have a mutual friend and it wouldn’t be fair, he,s a shite angler that attempts to turn every situation into life or death, did you ever see him in New Zealand dressed in a suit of armour covered in fish guts trying to portray those giant eels as rabid man eaters, I take my hat off to anyone that can make a fortune from total bullshit but that’s basically him ?? 

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Greyman said:

Ask him when he,s going to release the film he made in a fish tank in a the koi shop,  I could tell loads but we have a mutual friend and it wouldn’t be fair, he,s a shite angler that attempts to turn every situation into life or death, did you ever see him in New Zealand dressed in a suit of armour covered in fish guts trying to portray those giant eels as rabid man eaters, I take my hat off to anyone that can make a fortune from total bullshit but that’s basically him ?? 

Still interesting to listen to him I am sure mate,i liked quite a few of the episodes,might buy his new book,he has made a living out of fishing,a very good living,he cant be all that bad :huh:

17 hours ago, mackem said:

Still interesting to listen to him I am sure mate,i liked quite a few of the episodes,might buy his new book,he has made a living out of fishing,a very good living,he cant be all that bad :huh:

Not just a living mate he was worth over 5mil a few years back, the whole point is he is not a fisherman  he,s a tv presenter who travels the world making up bullshit and making the locals look like c**ts, just watching him holding a fishing rod casting and playing fish should tell you he only just has a basic concept of fishing, the locals take him to the spots bait his hooks even cast for him and he attempts to look good landing them, the arrapima program he made he ended up catching it in a small holding pond, and I once saw him so ridiculed over it he got up and left as soon as the lights dimmed,  when he was at someone else’s talk show, as I said before FairPlay to anyone who can make a mint out of bullshit, but if you want to learn to fish mac I,ll get my son to take you  he,s the bollacks ?? ????

7682023F-E45A-4875-B7A8-2AB59901B958.jpeg

• Like 1

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now”

Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back.

The bull around my shoulders went 12.75”.

C5B26768-BA2F-41D3-A389-6E2091E581B3.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now”

Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back.

The bull around my shoulders went 12.75”.

C5B26768-BA2F-41D3-A389-6E2091E581B3.jpeg

well done mate?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
20 minutes ago, mackem said:

You look the part,great pic,what distances?Any pics of the terrain?

450m with 300wsm. 

The country is body destroying. The west coast mission was knocked on the head so no helo in and out, we hit the east coast and we packed in and out after about 2 hours of legit mad off-roading to the head of the valley. Climbed up to where the tahr live and camped with them.

4AF397B8-094E-4389-8ED9-63BB249BE754.jpeg

874F29D2-1D85-4F63-ABC3-A50BB41316BC.jpeg

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
Just now, Greyman said:

Well done born top man, enjoy the rest of your trip and be safe ✌️✌️

There were a few times I thought those mountains would kill me while packing out. f***ing lethal! Just one step at a time and try not to die. Lol

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

450m with 300wsm. 

The country is body destroying. The west coast mission was knocked on the head so no helo in and out, we hit the east coast and we packed in and out after about 2 hours of legit mad off-roading to the head of the valley. Climbed up to where the tahr live and camped with them.

That is country,respect :victory:

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

450m with 300wsm. 

Fair play ? looks pretty f***ing awesome tbh lol

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, just jack said:

Wouldn’t mind the Vietnam motor bike ride 

Old friend of mine was the very first person to offer motorbike trips through Cambodia for adventure tourists,took people into some dangerous places,international now doing trips to Tibet etc,if you visit Cambodia nowadays theres any number of motorbike tour firms.

• Like 1

My only bucket list trip is, and has been for a ling time, Canadian sturgeon. 

Problem is justifying a 3k trip for myself when I have a wife , 2 kids and a house to do up and all the rest of the normal stuff everyone has!

It's a lot of money for a fishing trip

• Like 2