Bucket List Trips

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

On 15/09/2018 at 16:53, Born Hunter said:

Anybody done ancient sites, like the great pyramids, Aztec and Inca, Petra, Abu Simbel, Easter Island etc etc?

Not quite inline with the OP theme of 'outdoors', sorry CJ. :angel::angel:

I went to Great Zimbabwe, what's really interesting is that the truth about it is so hidden. During white rule it was said to be phonicean and now it is said to be of black African origin. Neither regime is to be trusted and, no doubt, tampered with the archaeology to suit their point if view. It leaves you to make your own mind up, a genuine mystery. There are few enough of them left.

With regards to the original post I am about to go back to NZ for another adventure. With the wife for the first half of the 6 week trip then she goes home and my mate comes out for some serious hunting and fishing! Not sure which I'm looking forward to most, showing her around and seeing what she thinks of it or getting into the bush

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Tyla said:

I went to Great Zimbabwe, what's really interesting is that the truth about it is so hidden. During white rule it was said to be phonicean and now it is said to be of black African origin. Neither regime is to be trusted and, no doubt, tampered with the archaeology to suit their point if view. It leaves you to make your own mind up, a genuine mystery. There are few enough of them left.

With regards to the original post I am about to go back to NZ for another adventure. With the wife for the first half of the 6 week trip then she goes home and my mate comes out for some serious hunting and fishing! Not sure which I'm looking forward to most, showing her around and seeing what she thinks of it or getting into the bush

Hopefully she'll let you enjoy both :laugh:

Didn't you go to NZ hunting before?

20 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Hopefully she'll let you enjoy both :laugh:

Didn't you go to NZ hunting before?

I did, couple years back now. Made a few really good contacts on that trip and since then so reckon this trip is going to be amazing!

My missus is pretty easy going, I'm sure we will be doing some fishing and hunting with her but will be spending time exploring and sight seeing too. 

Once she goes back home and my mate comes out we will be doing some more serious hunting. We will be staying in a cabin and doing some multiday trips during the red roar. We have some goat and possum shooting lined up too and some pig hunting and plenty of fishing! 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Tyla said:

Once she goes back home and my mate comes out we will be doing some more serious hunting. We will be staying in a cabin and doing some multiday trips during the red roar. We have some goat and possum shooting lined up too and some pig hunting and plenty of fishing! 

Be really interesting to hear how you get on with the reds. Approached right I reckon it'd be as cheap hunting them in NZ as it would stalking them in Scotland!

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, mackem said:

That would be interesting,also trapping them,enjoy your trip :good: and wallabies,and the peacock flight shooting looks fantastic.

We had a few nights shooting them before, they are strange creatures. Really tough, it needs to be a good headshot with the .22 to drop them, they just shrug off body shots.

If I get the chance at wallabies, peacocks or turkeys I will definitely take it!

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Be really interesting to hear how you get on with the reds. Approached right I reckon it'd be as cheap hunting them in NZ as it would stalking them in Scotland!

Hopefully should be good. Kurt got my mate onto a hind while we were there last but i didn't get one, had to make do with a goat instead! To be honest I was more into the pig hunting anyway!

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:32, Born Hunter said:

Plane tickets booked. I land on the 1st May. In the mountains the following week. Just firming up further details now but the dates are set.

I think your in for a bit of a treat mate,i am chatting to an Alaskan who has an old camper van in NZ,he goes over there for two months every year just bowhunting ? he took 8 turkeys with a bow in one afternoon and one with a KNIFE ? he has self-guided on every species,reds,tahr,wallaby everything.Heres a mornings turkey shoot ? I really hope you get the chance for a mornings peacock shoot,he rocked up to a government office and they pointed him in the right direction of where to shoot.

56474653_592354507932223_1808676553014378496_n.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, mackem said:

I think your in for a bit of a treat mate,i am chatting to an Alaskan who has an old camper van in NZ,he goes over there for two months every year just bowhunting ? he took 8 turkeys with a bow in one afternoon and one with a KNIFE ? he has self-guided on every species,reds,tahr,wallaby everything.Heres a mornings turkey shoot ? I really hope you get the chance for a mornings peacock shoot,he rocked up to a government office and they pointed him in the right direction of where to shoot.

Didn’t even know they had turkeys! Just over three weeks until I’m heading to Heathrow. Need to get all my kit together and check I have everything.

• Like 1

New Zealand turkeys were a surprise to me also mate,i have seen wild turkey in Canada but didn't know they were in the southern hemisphere,he just got a wallaby a few days ago at 71 yards with a bow,try and get some wallabies as well ?

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎04‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 08:37, Born Hunter said:

Didn’t even know they had turkeys! Just over three weeks until I’m heading to Heathrow. Need to get all my kit together and check I have everything.

How was the flight mate?Everything ok?

On 04/04/2019 at 08:25, mackem said:

They're gonna be on twizzlers for a whole week with that haul

• Haha 1

I got back about month ago, as predicted it was a brilliant trip! Shit loads of fishing, road trips, boat trips and 3 weeks solid of living in the bush hunting roaring red stags! The high light of the hunting was roaring one in through thick cover and shooting it at 5m. A massive adrenaline rush, it makes shooting fallow from high seats feel very tame! I didn't do any pig hunting which was a shame but there's always next time!

• Thanks 1