Bucket List Trips

2 hours ago, mackem said:

Trying to arrange a visit to a sky burial site but it means a treck up to 4000+ meters.Staying in the same hotel Keira knightley and Brad Pitt stayed in when they were here and being guided round by the guy who gave Keira archery lessons.The rivers are pristine,saw some decent sized trout earlier.This place really is the land that time forgot.

IMG_20181204_113102.jpg

watched a program about sky buriel  some time back  the old boy who cuts them up gets a good drink down him   before he chops them up ready for the vultures  to take them  

• Like 1

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

7 hours ago, mackem said:

Trying to arrange a visit to a sky burial site but it means a treck up to 4000+ meters.Staying in the same hotel Keira knightley and Brad Pitt stayed in when they were here and being guided round by the guy who gave Keira archery lessons.The rivers are pristine,saw some decent sized trout earlier.This place really is the land that time forgot.

IMG_20181204_113102.jpg

Yeah,yeah yeah but whats the local fanny,weed and beer like.?

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Yeah,yeah yeah but whats the local fanny,weed and beer like.?

Weed is everywhere,so common it's fed to the pigs,the guy was actually telling me about pigs fattened on cannabis but I knew about this long before I came here Alcohol is cheap but I don't drink,I know,I know,I am a boring cnut as neither do I shagging around so couldn't tell you about the women,but it's a super conservative country.

IMG_20181204_180713.jpg

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, mackem said:

Weed is everywhere,so common it's fed to the pigs,the guy was actually telling me about pigs fattened on cannabis but I knew about this long before I came here Alcohol is cheap but I don't drink,I know,I know,I am a boring cnut as neither do I shagging around so couldn't tell you about the women,but it's a super conservative country.

IMG_20181204_180713.jpg

I knew you'd know i was only joking.i'm much more cultured nowadays.the photos are great.

Is the weed a good strength.?

I only drink cider myself

You might not shag around but you took a photo of a woman from behind about a month ago and i did notice a good dress sense,nice hair and a very good shape.so i can forgive you for that.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

I knew you'd know i was only joking.i'm much more cultured nowadays.the photos are great.

Is the weed a good strength.?

I only drink cider myself

You might not shag around but you took a photo of a woman from behind about a month ago and i did notice a good dress sense,nice hair and a very good shape.so i can forgive you for that.

That's my old lady,in the forest in Quebec in october,that was a good trip.The weed is trippy psychedelic old school sativa,I don't smoke but I know a little about it,it's got no commercial value here,grows everywhere on the valley bottoms,there's no history of hashmaking or cannabis use in the land of darkness hence it's just used for animal feed.I know your cultured ?

IMG_20181204_180355.jpg

IMG_20181204_144537.jpg

IMG_20181204_105528.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just had sun-dried yak meat,really nice taste,and got to lay a few stones on the extension of Bhutan's oldest monastry after hiking 500 lung bursting meters up a winding narrow goat track.

IMG_20181205_125625.jpg

IMG_20181205_101414.jpg

IMG_20181205_101356.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
20 hours ago, riohog said:

fk it just buy a flight if it all goes tits up with the chap   so what  your in nz    

Well that could backfire tremendously if he sets a date that doesn't coincide with my time in the country. :laugh: 

It's all in hand.... :good:

50 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Mackem what's with the hard hat out there?

It's for the head Lamma when he is checking on work,I put it on for a laugh max,site safety and all that ?

10 minutes ago, Ted Newgent said:

i would love to head out that way

I think you would enjoy it Ted,interesting area.

This dough ball believe it or not contains  a small amount of ashtres from a cremated monk and ashes of his burnt photograph,I had an odd chat with the guy who was making the dough,they all are trying to attain true detached enlightenment,if a family member died the truly enlightened are so detached as to feel no sorrow whatsoever ?

IMG_20181205_102124.jpg

IMG_20181205_164146.jpg

IMG_20181205_160049.jpg

IMG_20181205_164252.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, waltjnr said:

Mack, were they any good with the bow n arrows ?

Very good,wiped the floor with me .Just watched some guys outside once again 150 metres very good shots,this guy in the pic almost won "Bhutanese Idol" the talent show,as well as being a good singer he is a decent archer.

IMG_20181206_162101.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, mackem said:

Very good,wiped the floor with me .Just watched some guys outside once again 150 metres very good shots,this guy in the pic almost won "Bhutanese Idol" the talent show,as well as being a good singer he is a decent archer.

IMG_20181206_162101.jpg

Ha, no release or sight! Something odd about seeing a high tech compound bow being shot in a traditional manner, but I bet he doesn't lack much for it.

• Like 1

Not allowed a release,and they all eschew a peep and sight,very good bowmen,they all seem to think however that England still has archers practising on village greens on Sundays just as every male here seems to have a bow.Had a fantastic day,hiked up to 4500 meters to a sky burial site,no dead today thankfully but the view was incredible with prayer flags flying everywhere,best wishes for the afterlife,like a crouching tiger Hidden dragon movie set,and a few vultures riding the thermals,I was going to drink water from a crystal clear river on the way down to the valley floor till I remembered they also do river burials here.

IMG_20181206_101923.jpg

• Like 3