Bucket List Trips

2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

It'll be the trip of a lifetime for me and couldn't come at a better time. Sounds daft but I need this.

I know what you mean about needing it mate.I wouldn’t mind some peacock shooting or wallaby spotlighting,possum,trapping,big eel fishing they have,looking forward to the pics,,I think it’s going to Ben a fantastic experience.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mackem said:

I know what you mean about needing it mate.I wouldn’t mind some peacock shooting or wallaby spotlighting,possum,trapping,big eel fishing they have,looking forward to the pics,,I think it’s going to Ben a fantastic experience.

Feel like I'm ticking over in every respect, I need to challenge myself before I f***ing give up to this mundane toxic f***ing modern life. :laugh:

So I'm meeting a total stranger who's going to take me into the mountains for an armed ramble on the other side of the planet.......... for a start to fixing that, can't wait. :laugh:

......and what about your lion hunt in Canada?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

The joys a being a super genius eh, ticking over an even your week long math homework can’t even challenge ye??? hope your trip comes off I can’t wait for the pics ? unless they are of you being buggered an having your laptop took off you?

I don't mean to sound super clever, lol. It's all that shit I feel like I need to get away from, that's my comfort zone and it's f***ing killing me.

I'm pretty sure it will. I was put in touch with the chap from a respectable member of this site and is a proper kiwi hunter (we follow each other on insta/FB). Seems sound and I'd much rather that than a pro guide. The fella stands to gain out of it too of course. The money is already put aside. Just needs to happen now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Born Hunter said:

So I'm meeting a total stranger who's going to take me into the mountains for an armed ramble on the other side of the planet.......... 

Believe it or not I have done that on a number of occasions,it always worked itself out ?

10 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

....and what about your lion hunt in Canada?

Not Canada,the states,I am sure you will see the pics ?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, mackem said:

Not Canada,the states,I am sure you will see the pics ?

Looking forward to it mate. Be such a cool experience and hard won from what I've seen. The coup de gras might look easy to the layman but getting there is earnt and a unique education of natural history from what I have heard. Donnie Vincent who portrays the depth and meaning of hunting extremely intimately recently went on a lion hunt, while holding what he admits to being an unfairly negative view of it, and it totally changed his view/opinion.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Looking forward to it mate. Be such a cool experience and hard won from what I've seen. The coup de gras might look easy to the layman but getting there is earnt and a unique education of natural history from what I have heard. Donnie Vincent who portrays the depth and meaning of hunting extremely intimately recently went on a lion hunt, while holding what he admits to being an unfairly negative view of it, and it totally changed his view/opinion.

Got the Himalayas first mate,two weeks time,going back to blights end of next week for two days to collect my trekking gear,wondering whether to do the helicopter Everest flight or not,my missus has just told me to Hoover up however,not quite as exciting.

• Haha 2
10 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Welcome to my world? me an Henry are best a buddies ? glad to hear even you jet setting playboys have a missus way a whip an a Hoover aswell? makes me feel bit better bout meself?

7528478A-ACD7-469D-95B8-09BC74334D4F.jpeg.5e2233ce29381b463041941ea6ea57a2.jpeg

?

Henry's are a vacuum cleaner not a hoover.hoover is a make of a vacuum cleaner.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, ginger beard said:

Henry's are a vacuum cleaner not a hoover.hoover is a make of a vacuum cleaner.

I had a quick wizz around picking bits of fluff and her hairs up but she just said exactly the same thing so I can’t say I miele’d the sitting room.

43 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

glad to hear even you jet setting playboys have a missus way a whip an a Hoover aswell

7528478A-ACD7-469D-95B8-09BC74334D4F.jpeg.5e2233ce29381b463041941ea6ea57a2.jpeg

?

I just knew we should have brought one of the maids with us?

53 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Donnie Vincent who portrays the depth and meaning of hunting extremely intimately recently went on a lion hunt

That’s a BIG cat he has,I will be content with any,not holding out for a big Tom,any reasonable cat will do,it’s the experience,listening to the dogs sing.

FD98E4A7-EB5F-403C-9327-9408A1AF9E29.jpeg

449FAA66-5D10-4F03-B14C-DAF25E37767B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Aye, I think he was in BC. Big cats there.

They reckon they're bloody good to eat as well. Much like pork apparently.

It was British Columbia mate,biggest cats are in the North like BC and Alberta (but hunts have the biggest price) smallest cats are way down places like Argentina.I ate normal cat a few times,wouldn’t turn my nose up at mountain lion.

2 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

So I'm meeting a total stranger who's going to take me into the mountains for an armed ramble on the other side of the planet.......... for a start to fixing that, can't wait. :laugh:

Sounds like the plot of a Burt Reynolds film. :icon_eek:

• Sad 1

Iv just booked two days on the giant skate for April. I'm trying to do one big fish trip a year. Would like a tuna in British waters.

I want a day riding to hounds in the new forest. 

Most of my wanna do trips aren't that big at the minute due to business and family but I'll keep doing little trips close to home. Fancy a day on the red deer in Scotland, will prob just shoot hinds. Would like a roe and fallow buck soon as well. 

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Just had a really good afternoon at an archery contest with traditional bows in Bhutan then went to the countries Hoyt stockists and watched them set up a customers bow.The flight into Paro was exhilarating with the plane weaving in and out of the mountainous valleys to land.

IMG_20181204_175419.jpg

IMG_20181204_142843.jpg

• Like 2
On 29/10/2018 at 14:32, Born Hunter said:

Feel like I'm ticking over in every respect, I need to challenge myself before I f***ing give up to this mundane toxic f***ing modern life. :laugh:

......and what about your lion hunt in Canada?

fk it just buy a flight if it all goes tits up with the chap   so what  your in nz    

• Like 2

Trying to arrange a visit to a sky burial site but it means a treck up to 4000+ meters.Staying in the same hotel Keira knightley and Brad Pitt stayed in when they were here and being guided round by the guy who gave Keira archery lessons.The rivers are pristine,saw some decent sized trout earlier.This place really is the land that time forgot.

IMG_20181204_113102.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1