Bucket List Trips

27 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Anybody done ancient sites, like the great pyramids, Aztec and Inca, Petra, Abu Simbel, Easter Island etc etc?

Easter island is on my list,just don't fancy the 48 hour flight to get there yet,been to the great wall of china,giza pyramids,angkor wat,taj mahal etc

Edited by mackem
  • Like 2

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, mackem said:

When are you looking at the bullshark trip chris?What equipment will you use?

Funds permitting next autumn but that will be the earliest. A lot can happen between now and then.

A lot of the sharks caught inland are on the smaller end of the spectrum so I'd probably just beef up the bass rods with some steel leaders, and try and fish as light as I can. I like Shakespeare's Ugly Stiks and I use them a lot and I love ultra-light fishing gear. As far as going for the monsters I reckon I'd end up hiring a guide.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Funds permitting next autumn but that will be the earliest. A lot can happen between now and then.

A lot of the sharks caught inland are on the smaller end of the spectrum so I'd probably just beef up the bass rods with some steel leaders, and try and fish as light as I can. I like Shakespeare's Ugly Stiks and I use them a lot and I love ultra-light fishing gear. As far as going for the monsters I reckon I'd end up hiring a guide.

Sounds fantastic,i need to get a Floridian waterside property,my missus could potter down to the waters edge with a cup of tea as I hooked leviathans,this guys living the dream,i think your going to have a fantastic trip :yes:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

My sis always wanted to go to navagio beach in Greece,she has just been for a week,it was on her bucket list,anyway they weren't allowed onto the beach due to the cliff coming down a few weeks ago (bad timing) and had to anchor off and view from the boat.

42153765_236515557018954_5781580031197184_n.jpg

42168903_2079346702327871_6289501042556010496_n.jpg

• Like 2
3 hours ago, mackem said:

My sis always wanted to go to navagio beach in Greece,she has just been for a week,it was on her bucket list,anyway they weren't allowed onto the beach due to the cliff coming down a few weeks ago (bad timing) and had to anchor off and view from the boat.

42153765_236515557018954_5781580031197184_n.jpg

42168903_2079346702327871_6289501042556010496_n.jpg

Been there.... and also swam from the boat to an active volcano off santorini, one of the few places id like to visit again. ?366839758_BlackheartsDogs028.thumb.jpg.a6059c08cf5e61c84b3bf77de6a13b26.jpg

• Like 3
On 15/09/2018 at 22:26, ChrisJones said:

Ive had plenty of tussles with sharks on  ugly sticks they really are a good rods but the bulls even the small ones don’t roll over easy like, beefed up tackle with long 100lb rubbing strips will help good luck Chris I never landed one from a fixed position nor has a few pals .  From a boat might be the answer  but I tell u straight they pull like fk lol if u want a work out then they will find u out ? north of st Petes Tampa up near hommassa is the home of the highest density of sharks any where in the world so I’m told as it’s the furthest point away from the yellow man is my guess as to the truth behind that claim ?

Edited by green lurchers
44 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

Ive had plenty of tussles with sharks on  ugly sticks they really are a good rods but the bulls even the small ones don’t roll over easy like, beefed up tackle with long 100lb rubbing strips will help good luck Chris I never landed one from a fixed position nor has a few pals .

Honestly, I'm not expecting an easy time of it. But that's the Bucket List Challenge for me. You're right on all counts but I want to land one from the canals. It might take several trips over many years even if I never achieve it but it'll be fun trying. That's why it's called fishing and not catching! :laugh: :thumbs:

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Honestly, I'm not expecting an easy time of it. But that's the Bucket List Challenge for me. You're right on all counts but I want to land one from the canals. It might take several trips over many years even if I never achieve it but it'll be fun trying. That's why it's called fishing and not catching! :laugh: :thumbs:

That’s the way forward  mate ?

Edited by green lurchers
15 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Been there.... and also swam from the boat to an active volcano off santorini, one of the few places id like to visit again. ?366839758_BlackheartsDogs028.thumb.jpg.a6059c08cf5e61c84b3bf77de6a13b26.jpg

nice photo dc .I liked Santorini is that photo taken from the karavolades stairs in fira 

Edited by greg64
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...
On 12/09/2018 at 16:50, Born Hunter said:

Up to 7 days actually in the mountains, probably as part of a 3 week trip, including duck shooting and pig dogging. Budget is under 3k and I'll be using rifle. 

Just been watching a tahr hunt on TV,the scenery is pure lord of the rings stuff,incredible,is your trip finalized mate?Are you flying into the mountains?Interested in seeing how you get on as it’s a very affordable trip.

• Like 1
Just now, mackem said:

Just been watching a tahr hunt on TV,the scenery is pure lord of the rings stuff,incredible,is your trip finalized mate?Are you flying into the mountains?Interested in seeing how you get on as it’s a very affordable trip.

Not finalised. Provisionally set for next May. Given that it's with a local fella I don't want to shell out any money too soon for it to fall through, lol. I'm 100% up for it still and him and his mate will be getting a free hunting trip as I'm covering the expenses and a bit on top effectively. I think he has to wait to hear back what block he gets before things can be firmed up. But yeah, helo into the block for 5-7 days. Then couple days on ducks and couple more on pigs.

It'll be the trip of a lifetime for me and couldn't come at a better time. Sounds daft but I need this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1