Bucket List Trips

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes mate,all taken on the Huawei,I didn't bring my DSLR or my GoPro as I only brought a 7.5kg carry-on from Heathrow,easier to carry the phone in my pocket.Good day today,bluff charged by a rhino 50 y

“Well done English.... you’re a mountain hunter now” Sat in a backpackers hostel after getting out the mountains. Again I’ll post properly when I get back. The bull around my shoulders went

Was in Thailand 23 years ago mate, stayed in a very traditional town called Hua Hin (I'm not into the westernized bollocks l, sex trade etc) was with my ex, we were young and done loads out there, was

Posted Images

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Is brisket just same as meatloaf??

Slow roasted hot smoked delicious brisket is what is served to the gods in the great hall Valhalla...

Meatloaf is what you get in prison...

:D

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Haha 1
18 minutes ago, sid g said:

sounds like a plan they soon grow up mate

4 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Sad as it sounds I just wanna spend lots time with kids an see this whole island?

I took my kids to Thailand 2 years ago,most kids would have lapped it up,all one of mine did was spend every spare minute chatting online to his girlfriend and the rest of the time complaining about how much he missed her :rolleyes:

On 11/09/2018 at 17:03, maxhardcore said:

New York for 4-5 days then drive up thru Maine and across into Canada' see Niagra Falls then onto Lindsay Ontario which is where my grandfather ended up when he ran away from home aged 13-14 back in around 1926-27.

He was only planning on going to Liverpool to try get work on the docks . Here he met a Scot and a Geordie of around 18-19 who were stowing away to Canada .

He joined them and the rest is history.

Also Gallipoli to visit the Helles war memorial as my great grandfather was killed on the 

29-6-1915 at the Battle Of Gully Ravine.

He volenteered at 41 and died not long after his 42nd which he spent dug in on Gully Ravine on 5-5-15.

Like many from the battle he has no marked grave' he lies where he fell .

Take the bairn to Lapland for the Santa experience.

Maybe Disney land Florida for the bairn but in reality it don't interest me.

To travel around Great Britain in a camper van for 4-6 weeks.

There are a few I'd like to tick off

Max, i've just done the Disney/family thing (came back Thursday!) and i had all the doubts you have BUT it really was a very enjoyable experience. Thing is you dont need it for two weeks, a week is more than enough, four days is about right... PLUS your over there and if you do a fly drive get to have a little fun too. We drove down to the Everglades and stopped over in Everglades City, got to meet some of the best an most interesting people i could meet, with plenty of airboats, fishing, gators an coons... Could have stopped there 6 months!

Florida offers so much more than Disney and i'm sure you could find plenty of invites out for a few days hunting or fishing BUT dont be afraid to do the Disney thing, its a family thing and well worth it...

On the subject of bucket lists, i honestly believe that on our deathbeds there will be a few regrets of our lives but most will be just circumstance and if we have lived a fine active life, we'll look back with little sorrow BUT travel, the chance to put ourselves into another far flung place is something that we all CAN do in some way or other (Dick Whittington walked to London FFS!?) and i think it will be a massive regret on our deathbeds, no matter how much we love our country, city, town or village. The chance to escape, just for a little while, is well within all our grasp. The world has never been smaller...

Carpe Diem...!!!!

(And if you have to ask, you'll never know..)

6 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

the Disney/family thing 

Sounds like you had a great trip Bosun,something the family will always remember :) max,if your ever in LOS and have some free time get a flight across to honkers,disney land with a Chinese twist :yes: on lantau island,and theres a fantastic theme park virtually in the middle of the city Ocean Park and take a helicopter ride across to macau,the kids will love it :yes:

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Bosun11 said:

Max, i've just done the Disney/family thing (came back Thursday!) and i had all the doubts you have BUT it really was a very enjoyable experience. Thing is you dont need it for two weeks, a week is more than enough, four days is about right... PLUS your over there and if you do a fly drive get to have a little fun too. We drove down to the Everglades and stopped over in Everglades City, got to meet some of the best an most interesting people i could meet, with plenty of airboats, fishing, gators an coons... Could have stopped there 6 months!

Florida offers so much more than Disney and i'm sure you could find plenty of invites out for a few days hunting or fishing BUT dont be afraid to do the Disney thing, its a family thing and well worth it...

On the subject of bucket lists, i honestly believe that on our deathbeds there will be a few regrets of our lives but most will be just circumstance and if we have lived a fine active life, we'll look back with little sorrow BUT travel, the chance to put ourselves into another far flung place is something that we all CAN do in some way or other (Dick Whittington walked to London FFS!?) and i think it will be a massive regret on our deathbeds, no matter how much we love our country, city, town or village. The chance to escape, just for a little while, is well within all our grasp. The world has never been smaller...

Carpe Diem...!!!!

(And if you have to ask, you'll never know..)

I did the Disney thing winter before last flew to Tennessee spent a few days in Nashville then drove down through Georgia to Florida spent 10 days there took the kids to Disney they loved it but I also got to drive around and see some other parts some really nice places we plan to go back when the new baby is bigger there's more to Florida than Disney 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Chaff said:

Mahseer fishing in the Himalayas is on my bucket list for sure, barbel on steroids the size of the biggest carp! Yes please.

Just found a place to fish in the Himalayas for mahseer 2000 nep rupees a day,lunch equipment and guide,I fished in the Himalayas a lot in the past but only for trout.

post-1930-1211921444_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Wow what a trip your in for mackem, I had a couple of mates go 15+ years ago both caught but real tough fishing they wouldn't of stood a chance with out the guides.

Good luck mate would be great to see a picture or two when your back.

• Like 1