Retired my bitch today so after new stock

Notice my bitch wasn't really with it end of last season she was missing and not putting her all into it but I thought I would let her have a good rest over the summer and maybe get this seasion out of her but after the last 3 week's or so of going out on the lamp she's still the same she's chasing but only picking up the real easy ones and the ones that are giving her trouble she's just following them up to the headge and not even trying to pull them back out or go in behind them so enuogh was enuogh I made the decision erly on so as not to get half way through the seasion and try and find something a young pup won't be ready untill next year so that's not really a option as I have land to keep on top of so id either like a pup of between 8 and 10 months that's as green as grass to bring on for rabbits and reds or if theirs a good up and going dog that's hammering rabbits and doing reds on its own I will pay the right money for the right dog anyone got anything or no of anything about i live in Kent but don't mind travling with in reasion  admin hope this is ok to post in hear as wanted the attending of the lurcher boys as didn't think they would look in the wanted section 

Run 5 killed the 4 but how the 5th one was missed I'd never no only thing his abit difficult to get straight back he won't drop the rabbir let you take it unless his happy it's dead and only way he comes back is lamp of asoon as you flick it on even if it's just to see wear he is his gone again thinking his on to the next one but I can work on that I will try anyway 

26 minutes ago, Qbgrey said:

That good,thats how a dog should be ,lamp off dog back double quick,someone taught it right.

Yerh 100% but wear I'm still a stranger like last night he didn't want to give me his head to put him back on the lead but I think his just got to get used to me so wear I was flicking the lamp on just to see wear he was to grab him because the lamp come on he be of and searching 

On 11/09/2018 at 14:59, the lamping ferreter said:

Notice my bitch wasn't really with it end of last season she was missing and not putting her all into it but I thought I would let her have a good rest over the summer and maybe get this seasion out of her but after the last 3 week's or so of going out on the lamp she's still the same she's chasing but only picking up the real easy ones and the ones that are giving her trouble she's just following them up to the headge and not even trying to pull them back out or go in behind them so enuogh was enuogh I made the decision erly on so as not to get half way through the seasion and try and find something a young pup won't be ready untill next year so that's not really a option as I have land to keep on top of so id either like a pup of between 8 and 10 months that's as green as grass to bring on for rabbits and reds or if theirs a good up and going dog that's hammering rabbits and doing reds on its own I will pay the right money for the right dog anyone got anything or no of anything about i live in Kent but don't mind travling with in reasion  admin hope this is ok to post in hear as wanted the attending of the lurcher boys as didn't think they would look in the wanted section 

Can put you in touch with a good mate of mine who is letting an 18 month old bitch go, doing very well but not made the size he needs unfortunately.

He'll be fussy where she goes but happy to put you in touch?

He's in Devon but does a bit all over so a meet could be organised?

Cheers

Kev

• Like 1
8 hours ago, the lamping ferreter said:

No she was the same end of last season when ground was soft it's just like she had given up but any way I've found a dog to replace her whent and watched him run last night a Bridlington whipped greyhound and his like lightening on rabbits so he came home with me 

20180911_225558.jpg

Replied before I saw this, good luck with the new dog mate

7 hours ago, the lamping ferreter said:

Yerh 100% but wear I'm still a stranger like last night he didn't want to give me his head to put him back on the lead but I think his just got to get used to me so wear I was flicking the lamp on just to see wear he was to grab him because the lamp come on he be of and searching 

Head torch could be useful for you mate 

23 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

Head torch could be useful for you mate 

I braught a little LED torch out of pound land and it worked wonders just to see wear he was as whent out for a hour tonight but once he got used to me he was coming back better and better each time just that the lamp needs to be completely of other wise his running the field searching I think abit more recall work and he will be fine 

• Like 2
20 hours ago, NEWKID said:

Can put you in touch with a good mate of mine who is letting an 18 month old bitch go, doing very well but not made the size he needs unfortunately.

He'll be fussy where she goes but happy to put you in touch?

He's in Devon but does a bit all over so a meet could be organised?

Cheers

Kev

Trying to pm you Newkid but I think your inbox is full.