Whippet yapping

On 11/09/2018 at 00:24, Lurcherman8 said:

Is this a whippet thing or will they grow out of it. Carnt be doing with dog yapping is head of when out lamping

nope , if there entered right in the 1st place = 1st, not to young, 2nd  try to get them on easy rabbits, not long slips, walk the little fecker right up to the rabbit, and only slip once the dog then. i had cracker  little none ped racing  whippt bitch, 20in 20lb , she caught loads of rabbits day/night . I raced her  sunday morning  like other whippets yapped all day long at the track, but out on live stuff , never made a sound, because she knew she could kill them and no  need to yap. they only yap on live stuff through frustration  , that there over matched   fact . If she yapping now lamping, she prob always do it, you prob fooked her up in the head now, that  what i think, others might  think differnt .  how old the dog ?

yes can't yap with a mouth full of rabbit needs easy runs i am guessing and not over matching early. Not that I got a clue lol. Mine used to let out a little squeak if he was up close and couldn't quite nail it. Just deadly silent now he knows the score and he aint no whippet 

Burn a bit of steam off earlier on in the day if you know your going out at night 

teach the pup to bark on command as a stationary behavior , as Bird mentioned earlier a dog can contrast between expressing a behavior in a certain environment or not,

but try your bollox off not to over match, had a bitch who would only make a sound when she knew she was over matched and straighlined never when knocking a few turns out