old meets new

si brown

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive been wanting to get out with the impact all weekend but the weathers been shite... mainly windy so ive not bothered! same again tonight but by 8pm I was board stiff and thought sod it im off

Funniest nights shooting iv ever had lol at one point there was a big blue spark from the tip of his barrel to the top of his head much like a taser . i could not do any thing for laugh

LOL ill make a deal with you Phil if i win the lotto ill buy you a thermal scope and a thermal spotter if you win you buy me them and im a man of my word Phil as you know you can h

Posted Images

1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Funniest nights shooting iv ever had lol

at one point there was a big blue spark from the tip of his barrel to the top of his head

much like a taser .

i could not do any thing for laughing

and he did it more than once a lot more lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

It’s the only place I get shocked, you’ve got to be like a ninja dodging the horses and fences ?

3 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Funniest nights shooting iv ever had lol

at one point there was a big blue spark from the tip of his barrel to the top of his head

much like a taser .

i could not do any thing for laughing

and he did it more than once a lot more lol

Sounds like a great night pal

• Like 1

Funny how a none planned night shooting can turn out well. My pal phoned up last night and we decided to pop to a spot we don't normally bother with but it certainly worked well for me as I had 14 bunnies BUT I lost 5 in the grass, two were within 3 feet of each other but I never found them. I have got to look into some kind of thermal spotter to find them. The fox will have them but that isn't the point, it just pisses me off when I can't find them.

Glad you enjoyed a short session with the new beast Si.

Phil

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, philpot said:

Funny how a none planned night shooting can turn out well. My pal phoned up last night and we decided to pop to a spot we don't normally bother with but it certainly worked well for me as I had 14 bunnies BUT I lost 5 in the grass, two were within 3 feet of each other but I never found them. I have got to look into some kind of thermal spotter to find them. The fox will have them but that isn't the point, it just pisses me off when I can't find them.

Phil

cheers Phil 

let my mate have a play with it the other week, he was gutted when I took it back off him!

took this on the first day of the season stood behind the hedge, took 3 attempts but the whack when it hit home..

me mates jaw nearly hit the floor:laugh:

whole different world this fac and mega pellets:thumbs:

447878784_0LR6rG7ISbChTyuf802lQ.thumb.jpg.795752a049ef4d57988773cea22d3fd1.jpg

• Like 1

I know what you mean regarding the thump of those pellets hitting home, just love it. Nice going on the partridge Si.

The wind is not constant here which makes it a bit tricky to gauge but not shooting much more than 50-65mts last night so got away with it.

Phil

• Like 2
3 hours ago, philpot said:

Phil

I reckon you missed them :laugh::thumbs: 

• Haha 2
On 11/09/2018 at 19:51, villaman said:

I reckon you missed them :laugh::thumbs: 

You may be right Mitch ............................................................................................................................. but you are not !!!?

I was toying with buying one of the many thermal cameras on ebay just to find lost bunnies but none of them say what the working range is. I am pretty sure we can get within a relatively short distance so it is just to make the final location of the shot quarry without glaring headlights to scare off every other rabbit for miles.

pHIL

On 13/09/2018 at 08:42, philpot said:

You may be right Mitch ............................................................................................................................. but you are not !!!?

I was toying with buying one of the many thermal cameras on ebay just to find lost bunnies but none of them say what the working range is. I am pretty sure we can get within a relatively short distance so it is just to make the final location of the shot quarry without glaring headlights to scare off every other rabbit for miles.

pHIL

pm pav Phil he has two thermal spotters as well as his scope

he may be able to help you chose what one to get