old meets new

si brown

ive been wanting to get out with the impact all weekend but the weathers been shite... mainly windy so ive not bothered!

same again tonight but by 8pm I was board stiff and thought sod it im off out:hmm:

couldn't be bothered messing with nv and just bunged the lamp on as I wasn't going to be out long,,, first thing re zero at 10x mag as ive used 7x for ages but could do with a bit more for this setup, 

stuck a shoot n see on a bucket at 50yrd and 3 shots later it was on it. 

still breezy but not as bad as it has been, first one taken from the trees leaning on a fence post.. missed first time but a swift second shot dropped it nicely 

342515873_C4CEaBTFSO5G8OErERZDA.thumb.jpg.444da093ffa83adacbbe528042c54004.jpg

got the second one in a fresh field off the pod at about 70 big whack and it fell over, the wind blew the pellet off slightly but instant lights out:thumbs:

XrEbhq25StSPRsMj3YPM8A.thumb.jpg.d61a822cd8fddf89f1985da639f26d78.jpg

only saw one more and it was onto me straight away as I was walking down a gravel road.. I squeaked it, it was mega twitchy and wasn't hanging about  so 

never got a shot on!!

just the two but ive got a plan for them tomorrow after work and I escaped soap Monday 

871275149_rXrt2VzSOCWDlECerVYg.thumb.jpg.ae65632e197c8be9ae2e8d0775ec9719.jpg

• Like 8

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ive been wanting to get out with the impact all weekend but the weathers been shite... mainly windy so ive not bothered! same again tonight but by 8pm I was board stiff and thought sod it im off

Funniest nights shooting iv ever had lol at one point there was a big blue spark from the tip of his barrel to the top of his head much like a taser . i could not do any thing for laugh

LOL ill make a deal with you Phil if i win the lotto ill buy you a thermal scope and a thermal spotter if you win you buy me them and im a man of my word Phil as you know you can h

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, villaman said:

Nice Si 

These impacts are good aren't they  

Yeah... your not wrong, the only doubt I had when buying it was the mag as the smaller one on the streamline was a bit fiddly but with this one being loads bigger it’s mint... can’t find a fault and that’s not like me?

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Jonjon79 said:

Nice one Si :thumbs:

You seem to be getting on well with that Impact mate :yes:

Hows the new shroud?

Cheers

It’s a bit to small jon, think it looks a bit hmm... I’ll do a mk2 this weekend with a slightly longer wider can?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Nice one Si at least you got out mate

and two in the pot to boot

top class bud

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Cheers jimmy

drove past your perm on the way home, the wind was coming over the hill so there were loads out but wrong tool for the job so there all still there!! Lol 

1 hour ago, si brown said:

Cheers jimmy

drove past your perm on the way home, the wind was coming over the hill so there were loads out but wrong tool for the job so there all still there!! Lol 

Champion si more for me to shoot

we will have to tell Viz about the electric fences he likes the electric fences Duse Viz ;ol

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, big napper said:

Yep nice one si and your setup looks nice pal. i normaly go out in the day but deffo going night shooting this year

Its a skill all on its own John

im the other way round not so good in day light

but when it gets dark i come into my own

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

Champion si more for me to shoot

we will have to tell Viz about the electric fences he likes the electric fences Duse Viz ;ol

Funniest nights shooting iv ever had lol

at one point there was a big blue spark from the tip of his barrel to the top of his head

much like a taser .

i could not do any thing for laughing

and he did it more than once a lot more lol

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, big napper said:

Yep nice one si and your setup looks nice pal. i normaly go out in the day but deffo going night shooting this year

Cheers bn

i like mooching about with the lamp...

its getting to that time of year when you can nip out for an hour or so and not get back late?

Only downside is the farm was busy as fcuk still and  the rabbits aren’t bothered during the day with the noise but it puts them on guard at night:( 

• Like 1