The ones in your picture are just the job. Round mouth and a graft for the edges. Then a heavy graft and a sharp tooth, all you need. If your working on a banking, a mattock is a great tool to level off as well, also good working around roots under a tree.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

Got to disagree with that one Rob, the wood ones soon give way to wear and tear a lot quicker than a steel one.

Of course they do, the steel ones are forgiving and are able for a bit of stick but the wooden ones do last for many seasons if you uses them as they should be used. I wouldn’t have a wooden one now as there’s no reason to pick one over a steel one, but they’re handy light if your used to the steel ones.

• Like 1

I can't take anyone serious when I see them with a wooden handle spoon, it's all well and good scooping loose up with it but you won't be breaking up heavy ground with one. I don't want to dig to a terrier like I'm on time team, I won't to get there as quickly as possible. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Fox dog
      For kennel areas your thoughts please, anybody use these 
      A24 Rat Traps - 5 Pack from Goodnature Traps UK
      GOODNATURETRAPS.CO.UK Priced at a bulk rate, Goodnature 5-Packs are great value. They bundle together five traps and...  
    • By Diggerman Dan
      Hello, would just like a few pointers from the more experienced members than me on the best way or their particular methods of breaking terriers to livestock? I have a relative that keeps poultry on an allotment that would let me take my pup through, but he’s 5 months now and like most working bred terriers he’s feisty and excited by fur and feather. I wouldn’t want any nasty mistakes to happen so any advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you.
    • By Diggerman Dan
      Hello there. I have a jack Russell pup coming in the next few weeks when he is ready to leave his mother. He’s from working stock and I am hoping to try him out when he’s ready. I would just like to get some advice or pointers from people on here as to what sort of diet you think is best for working terriers? I Want to keep him in best condition I can, strong and healthy. All comments very much appreciated. 
    • By Butchers456
      Ello out there Can any genuine terrier men point me in the direction of a Terrier man with any good Border Lakey pups out of workers or is goin to breed some Iam a genuine fella  Just looking for a pup but not the price of a ouse           Cheers for yer time
    • By Blaise
      Despite a sad year, we have still so funny adventures, thanks to our dogs.
      I present You Prunelle, 18 months, patterdale female during a walk. At the beginning, this was just a little walk.