Who done it

Greyman

Have put this up in the general section as well, I have a large private woodland of around a 1000 acres all man made with English trees and planted in squares with paths running between them that I,m aloud to roam,in the last month or more I keep finding these in the middle of the paths, I,m suspecting a goshawk has taken up residence, what do you guys think 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

8 hours ago, wilbur foxhound said:

What makes you think it’s a goshawk ?

I,ve seen one live one and sadly found a dead one in the last two years so there are one or two around me also I,m finding pigeons like this quite regular over the last month or two always in the middle of the path, the paths in this wood are like tunnels so it's flying through the wood hunting rather than from above which would leave sparrow or gos and I thought that pigeon would be on the large side for a spar to take regularly, so far people seem to be leaning toward a female spar, but my knowledge is not good enough to be able to confirm or deny hence my asking the pictures are of the path I found it on there are several miles of them in there and this bit is as big an opening as you get some are barely passable for a person and I have to duck and crawl to get through some 

image.png

image.png

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a few pigeons nailed by spars in my back garden and while walking round near me. Seen a few lucky escapes aswell. People think pigeons are big daft things that fly infront of cars but they are pretty quick and surprisingly agile when trying to keep off the menu!

I'd love to find a wild gos to keep an eye on but from what I have read it takes a lot of knowledge and dedication. Even when you know they are there and where they are living etc they are still hard to spot. Brilliant elusive bird.