First day out this year

First day back on the bunnies today. Quite a hard place to work as there are good fences, thick bushes and a road one side. Farmer was keen for us to do this one section as in his eyes the bunnies had dug this area the worst... was a good place for a quick session to get the ferrets back into it. The cover is still a bit high and was a warm morning so didn't want to work them too hard. Ill be back soon in the areas I noticed a bit more fresh marks between two permissions. I know there are a good number of rabbits here as I've had quick look with a lamp at night and the eyes in the field is promising. Only two today but was only a quick session, bolted one into the short net placed across the bank and one awkward dig on the roadside. Ferret had got the rabbit in a stop end. IMG_0944.thumb.JPG.a52feca60e11c941530eb7198d3af5b8.JPGIMG_0946.thumb.JPG.4a24ab627c9f2943dcf5668e9d056437.JPGIMG_0942.thumb.JPG.bc8735e79410b3ab5d977ef5e7b08b85.JPG

• Like 1

its attached to the fence. couldn't push it into the ground as the top line would have come down to low. Its a 5 yard net so wouldn't wind up around the pole to make it shorter as id lose tension on the top and bottom lines. Had enough tension and bag. Caught the rabbit so did the job ?.  Rabbits couldn't have ran along the fence line as there were some off cuts of blackthorn stuck in there by the electricity people renewing the pole. Had two long nets running out into the field to catch any rabbits that would have run out to avoid the blackthorn.