Nissan Navara

Alright lads any of you's drive or know someone who drives one of these Navara's, just curious as I'm on the lookout for a new 4x4 and one of these has turned up local to me, don't want to end up with something prone to mechanical problems ??

Ive never been without a truck since 1989,prob now is emissions,they are all (except 3.2 ford ranger) putting smaller engines in them.im looking at a new one,my last hilux was a pile o poo.will prob get the new one tho,as i can get one cheap.

Had an 08 model , drove nice but three weeks after I sold it the engine went pop ! It only had 75,000 on it and was well maintained.Got the hilux know that has just clocked 100k , that’s going shortly for either another Toyota or the Isuzu , heard good reports on them and the only one to come with a 5year 125k mile warranty..and best mpg ..

I’ve had landrovers , L200s , a ranger and now a hilux . A Hilux will go on for 250,000 300,000 miles if you look after it . But they aren’t cheap . They reckon that the Isuzu engines don’t last like the Toyota . They are all good motors while the are running alright . I got a Hilux because of their reputation for being the “bench mark “ pickup . Read the reviews the new Rangers now out perform the Hilux .... but will they last ? I don’t think you will go far wrong with a Toyota , trouble is the dreaded VAT that you seem to have to pay on most of them . I was lucky and didn’t pay VAT on mine . 

• Like 2

I've got one sat in my yard waiting for a new engine to be dropped in, it also has chassis problems, in the two yrs before it went bang it had, new turbo, complete rewire, new g/box, both diffs, complete new suspension all round, new alternator, new starter.

It was an out an out money pit with problem after problem.

I have the new ranger, it's a world apart and the best truck I've owned, (I've had most).

The only other one I would consider is the Isuzu.