cat sightings

https://www.thesun.ie/news/3086992/puma-sightings-fountainstown-crosshaven-cork/

what a twat i am lol ...heres the correct link 

BIG CAT ALERT 

Number of people report seeing ‘dangerous’ Puma cat on streets in two Cork areas

The Cork Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals said they have put special traps and motion sensor cameras out

By Lauren Kelly
7th September 2018, 12:10 pm

A NUMBER of people have reported spotting a Puma cat in an Irish county.

The alleged sightings are believed to have happened in the Fountainstown and Crosshaven areas of Cork.

People are being told not to go out looking for the animal

ALAMY
People are being told not to go out looking for the animal

Vincent Cashman, from the Cork Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals, said they have put special traps and motion sensor cameras out after being contacted by members of the public.

He told Neil Pendeville on Cork‘s Red FM: “This is a large cat – and if they are cornered – they are dangerous… or if they are frightened.

“We wouldn’t be recommending people go out looking for it.

“We have traps out since this started two weeks ago. We also have motion sensor cameras.

UNCONFIRMED RUMOURS OF PUMA IN FOUNTAINSTOWN - All week we have been getting reports of a puma type animal in and around the Fountainstown area. CSPCA say they have received 6 credible sightings over the past 9 days. Vincent Cashman is speaking to Neil. neil@redfm.ie/1850104106

“There have been other sightings in parts of the country – and there have been a few people who have kept them as pets. They would be imported.

“It’s slightly out of the ordinary but not impossible.”

He added: “A puma likes to remain solitary – but we have no confirmation yet that it is a puma.

“The people we have been dealing with are very credible. They have been too credible to ignore.

“We have plenty of eyewitnesses but have not seen a photograph yet.

“A wildlife dealer in the north did have pumas before.”

Pumas are mainly found in North, Central and South Ameri

Edited by jigsaw
  • Like 1

Where have you dug this up from ?  Have you been away ?  This story is dated Tuesday, February 05, 2008 !!   That's over 10 years ago. So what happened? Is it like the loch Ness monster?  Frequently reported, never seen. 

37 minutes ago, Meece said:

Where have you dug this up from ?  Have you been away ?  This story is dated Tuesday, February 05, 2008 !!   That's over 10 years ago. So what happened? Is it like the loch Ness monster?  Frequently reported, never seen. 

He probably put up the wrong link but there has been reports of a puma type cat in his neck of the woods this week

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Scentfarrell said:

Eye Witness Sighting 

Does an eye witness sighting count as factual evidence ? I witnessed a ufo once. Well I  couldn't positively identify what it was really. But it was flying.

2 hours ago, Scentfarrell said:

You tell me you seem to know all the answers 

The article is about the same as all of these big cat on the loose stories. ..... it's always the same blurb .... reported , thought to be, unconfirmed, experts,. How are there any experts considering that mountain lion isn't a native animal ?  It all crackpots  sensationally  hyping up a non existent situation and the newspapers filling colmn inches with hyped up dramatic stories. If they were out there, someone would have shot one somewhere. Over here there are constant reports of sightings but no one that I  know who keepers or works with animals has seen one and we do a lot of night shooting around and on big pheasant shoots which would attract such a beast.  When we see one we will do the required and post pictures. And of the aliens doing the crop circles.

Edited by Meece
5 minutes ago, Rusty_terrier said:

Jigsaw it sounds like meece is calling you out. You going to take that?

The op is only highllighting some story in the local rag.  All it does is to take up bandwidth. All these big cat. Ufo stories, crop circles, aliens.  It's all Mulder and scully stuff.   If they are out there they will show and be  accounted for. When someone has a pelt show it.

Ps one of the daughters had a boyfriend that seriously believed in aliens and roswell and magnetism for health. We had to have a serious word with her. He had to go and get his head realigned.  Real tin foil hat stuff.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, Meece said:

All these big cat. Ufo stories, crop circles, aliens.  It's all Mulder and scully stuff.   If they are out there they will show and be  accounted for. When someone has a pelt show it.

Ps one of the daughters had a boyfriend that seriously believed in aliens and roswell and magnetism for health. We had to have a serious word with her. He had to go and get his head realigned.  

One of britains big cat experts,he promotes himself as such,lectures etc,please scroll to the bottom of the link,his story sort of fell apart when he began explaining his visitations from aliens etc :icon_eek:

On 8 September 2018 at 23:47, Meece said:

The article is about the same as all of these big cat on the loose stories. ..... it's always the same blurb .... reported , thought to be, unconfirmed, experts,. How are there any experts considering that mountain lion isn't a native animal ?  It all crackpots  sensationally  hyping up a non existent situation and the newspapers filling colmn inches with hyped up dramatic stories. If they were out there, someone would have shot one somewhere. Over here there are constant reports of sightings but no one that I  know who keepers or works with animals has seen one and we do a lot of night shooting around and on big pheasant shoots which would attract such a beast.  When we see one we will do the required and post pictures. And of the aliens doing the crop circles.

Tried to let it go but just can't, I work with a group of people from biologists that advise government, people that work with the mountain lion project in the states and people that have worked in the gats and Mumbai in India on leopard projects, zoo,s, vets and people like myself with an interest in nature, I would say there is a lot more expertise involved than a bloke that drives round a field in a 4x4 shining out the window one Sunday a month, I,m not willing to go over old ground but I,ve answered all your questions dozens of times already including a crystal clear picture of a Lynx that was shot in England so unless you have some fantastic diploma to stick up showing that your expertise is greater than those mentioned above I,ll stick with them, the one thing that is a constant to me is the amount of so called experts that believe because they,ve done a bit of lamping and only ever seen deer, rabbit,fox and badger that these are the only British nocturnal animals and nothing else could be canny enough to go out at night and not be seen by them, by the end of the year or early next year we should have drawn up a scientifically backed paper to present our evidence this will be examined and dissected by people with all the qualifications needed to confirm or dispute what we are saying, when can we expect your findings to be made public ? ? ? 

11 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Young lad i work with swears he saw a lynx this morning whilst rollng the fields,he ain’t even told the boss or anybody, only reason he told me is I kept asking him what was wrong with him when I was driving him home, said he ain’t  scared or nowt but don’t wanna tell anybody incase they think he a liar?

Very common reaction mate best thing for him to do is go back to were he saw it and try to find some pug marks as this will add weight to his claim also have a little scout about in the woods for any fresh kills, if possible ?