Cz 452 .22 rimfire

Could it be that you’ve changed ammo? If not, is the barrel ready for a good clean? Otherwise, I’d check the action isn’t moving in the stock, and check the scope and moderator. Have you shot it with and without a moderator fitted so that you can identify/eliminate the moderator as the problem?

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, shotgun..willy said:

Before I zeroed I stripped it and cleaned it all took the scope off for piece of mind that when I put it back on it was all tight cleaned out the moderator just annoying because it’s been bang on for years 

If you are going to clean it make sure you CLEAN IT.    Too many people seem to do a quick job, raise fouling and then complain its worse!    Proper gun cleaning is not a 5 minute job, and please don't tell me you used a pull through to do it!

If it isn't that, then simply step through all the other options.  Several listed above, and don't discount the fact the scope could be fubared!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
On 08/09/2018 at 09:30, Deker said:

If you are going to clean it make sure you CLEAN IT.    Too many people seem to do a quick job, raise fouling and then complain its worse!    Proper gun cleaning is not a 5 minute job, and please don't tell me you used a pull through to do it!

If it isn't that, then simply step through all the other options.  Several listed above, and don't discount the fact the scope could be fubared!

:thumbs:

How refreshing it is to read about PROPER cleaning. Must people just give barrels a bit of a pull through and that will do. I use a phosphor bronze brush and Ed's RED. It might take 50 rounds to settle back down. There is one minor thing that you have missed in all of this.  That's you.. have you developed a problem. suspend the rifle with a butt stop and make sure that jt is in exactly the sàme spòt each shot so that each shot is consistant with no external forces acting on it and shoot a group at a plane piece of paper.. the target doesnt have to be miles away 25 paces is far enough. Pull the trigger with string from directly behind. so everything is a constant.

Have you got access to a chrono ?

Edited by Meece

Had issues with my CZ 452 wood stock model recently..

Thing to check..

Is the barrel free floating.? My wood stock had swelled and was touching the barrel.

What torque have you got on the action screws I tested various torque settings on the stock and they had a dramatic effect on the group size... This is what resolved my issue.

Is the crown ok, or is it damaged / pitted ?