Salisbury attack and the Russians

So it looks like they have identified the perpetrators and security/intelligence services say they are GRU.

Do folks still say it's bullshit?

I was listening to Farage's LBC radio show thing and even he was convinced but wondered what really the West could do about it given they have already gone quite far diplomatically. So for those that do believe/agree with our government's claim, what do you think we should do, if at all anything?

I personally think the strongest message we could send is to increase defence spending to 3%GDP. In addition, or even as a consequence, is there any hope for diplomacy and warming of relations?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That's about as strong a case as our own government have, it's a waste of time waste of money and probably been a smoke screen for our own government to slip through some other bill or proposal that w

His "election" was happening during this and we know how russian elections work .  Total distraction !The war of words with Britain over this masked the rigged election. Billions he has syph

That's not quite accurate. The police investigation has identified two men who are known to have entered the country via Gatwick and leaving via Heathrow over a 48hr period. They visited Salisbury the

Posted Images

Russia is a rogue nation under Vlad , he likes to flex his muscles like a character from a Godfather movie . In reality I think this will blow over . “Let he without sin cast the first stone “ , anyone that thinks that us and the Yanks don’t pull similar sh@t in other countries is mistaken , 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Russia is a rogue nation under Vlad , he likes to flex his muscles like a character from a Godfather movie . In reality I think this will blow over . “Let he without sin cast the first stone “ , anyone that thinks that us and the Yanks don’t pull similar sh@t in other countries is mistaken , 

I think that is all reasonably fair. I can't think of an example in recent history of us doing something like this but we have certainly not been angels. I think it'll blow over if we stand strong and bold, if we don't it will encourage further escalation, globally.

I can't believe that Putin is totally unreasonable. There is a lot of money to be made from good trade relations and a lot of potential growth for his country.

• Like 1

No big surprise it was them to me. 

Wonder if there be more outrage if a wee kid or deliveryman postie had been killed going near that door.

They think they can do as they like without any consequence.

Said it months ago should send someone over there to top Blake futile gesture but why not. 

Not like there ever going to extradite the c**ts who did it. 

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Wonder if there be more outrage if a wee kid or deliveryman postie had been killed going near that door.

Kid maybe mate. Didn't some woman, totally unconnected, die recently. Collateral when you f**k about with nerve agents and the likes. :no:

It's not so much that though that I have major issue with, as terrible as it is. It's the blatant disregard for our sovereignty, that's a much greater worry imo. Sending intelligence service operators into another global powers territory to off someone who was of no consequence and in peace time and in doing so cause a potential serious loss of innocent life is a serious line crossed. That is cold war shit. In fact it's the stuff that starts serious conflict. They could have been discreet but they intentionally chose not to be. They were sending a message to all of their enemies, individuals and states.

If nowt else there will be some cracking books on military and civilian intelligence operations come out in 20 years. :laugh:

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

Kid maybe mate. Didn't some woman, totally unconnected, die recently. Collateral when you f**k about with nerve agents and the likes. :no:

It's not so much that though, as terrible as it is, that I have major issue with. It's the blatant disregard for our sovereignty, that's a much greater worry imo. Sending intelligence service operators into another global powers territory to off someone who was of no consequence and in peace time and in doing so cause a potential serious loss of innocent life is a serious line crossed. That is cold war shit. In fact it's the stuff that starts serious conflict. They could have been discreet but they intentionally chose not to be. They were sending a message to all of their enemies, individuals and states.

If nowt else there will be some cracking books on military and civilian intelligence operations come out in 20 years. :laugh:

His "election" was happening during this and we know how russian elections work . 

Total distraction !The war of words with Britain over this masked the rigged election.

Billions he has syphoned from his country's resource's not to mention the murder extortion wrongful imprisonment of his critics. Never mind keep the staged public pics and his hard-line stance on the west will let him Rob more money from his people and russian businesses. 

• Like 3

I think the Russian people are more irate at him for trying to raise the age of retirement than a kangaroo court case held on the other side of the world, and unbelievably for a politician he is actually listening to there concerns, the evidence so far presented would fail to stand up in any court  in the world it's just a political game 

7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I think the Russian people are more irate at him for trying to raise the age of retirement than a kangaroo court case held on the other side of the world, and unbelievably for a politician he is actually listening to there concerns, the evidence so far presented would fail to stand up in any court  in the world it's just a political game 

So you don't agree with our intelligence services or likewise have the same faith that Farage does? Fair enough, you're likely not alone.

Surely you don't divulge your case details until the actual trial? Given that we will probably never get them in our custody I agree there should be some sort of public enquiry where the evidence is put forth. Discrediting the Russian establishment is probably the best tactic here.

I read that the woman that died......her boyfriend had found the perfume bottle in a bin...and gave it to her....this was the spray bottle filled with the posion that the ruskies had used to spray the door handle of the shikpols...

8 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

We can't afford to give our OAP's decent care.

They lucky if each resident gets £4 quid spent on them daily for 3 square meals and a snack 

Food can't be up to much

Left in there own shit and piss for hours.

Foodbanks in modern day not so great britain

Hospitals as bad as eastern European countries 

Cancer treatments and referrals not meeting basic time scales

The list goes on

We can't afford to spend anything more on defence unless they stop the 14 Billion per year every year Foreign Aid ?

And that ain't going to happen because it's how they get their back handers ?

Defence spending will always be low priority to many folks in peace time. It's hard to justify until you need it. A lot of folks will agree with you that's a fact. So ultimately we just do nothing? Not a great deal more that can be done economically or diplomatically.

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 1
Just now, maxhardcore said:

Stop All Foreign Aid and our hospitals roads rail defence oap's

pensions ect are sorted

They forcing a so called charity tax up on us.

Giving to anyone and anything should be a personal choice not forced upon us

If the elite want to give 14 billion per year away let it be from their personal family fortunes

Let lay folk give as and when and who To they see fit?

I agree with that Max, I just don't think the foreign aid budget is significant  enough to address much of that. It might go a little way to addressing just one of them though. It's tough and frankly folks just don't give a shit, even if we could agree on the action. I honestly think if Red Army paras were falling out of the sky, half the British population would put the kettle on for em, such is the contempt for our own establishment. lol.

A hike in defence spending is the only thing I can think of that we have left. But as you say that would never be popular.

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

Yes, an innocent woman died and her boyfriend was affected and hospitalised but survived. Vehicles connected with the incidents have been reported as buried in landfill to mininise further risk. Presumably ambulances used to transport the victims.

isn't the boyfriend back in hospital and in a bad way , thought I heard he'd lost his eyesight ?

2 minutes ago, maxhardcore said:

Well your the mathematician 

Work out what 14 billion per year every year gets you and that Aid budget is riseing every year ?

I have, which is why I say it. Here is the budget for last year. Even if you tipped it all into a small area of the budget like defence, it'd only be a 30% boost. 30% would be significant for defence by the way. It'd make a big impact if all tipped into Policing too. In a budget area like pensions, health or social though it'd be swallowed with little impact.

Anyway, that's one idea, that won't happen.