Bloody Typical

Well been out tonight with Stavross to see if Charlie would turn back up.

Spotted him last Wednesday night about 20:30, so got  there tonight about 19:30 and chucked a bit of dog food about to keep it on the spot to take a shot.

So we waited, waited and waited a bit more, roughly about 2hrs. Bait down, then the rabbit distress call on Stavs fox caller and the dirty little blighter hasn’t got the courtesy to turn up?

Not having a good week this week. Nothing at the other stables and zilch tonight. Thought I would have got something from the smaller stables to keep baiting the permission we were at tonight but nope, not to be.

Its a good job I enjoy the walk out. You can’t have it all, all the time.

Edited by Longshanx

Perseverance is the key ,my landowner see,s far more foxes without a firearm in toe than i do when the caller /bait is set up.The random times i go due to shift work means following his sightings when i can and when it pays off bingo but 3 out of 4 its no show.

Keep it up lads he aint expecting you so when he gets "routine" youl get him atb 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Baldcoot said:

Perseverance is the key ,my landowner see,s far more foxes without a firearm in toe than i do when the caller /bait is set up.The random times i go due to shift work means following his sightings when i can and when it pays off bingo but 3 out of 4 its no show.

Keep it up lads he aint expecting you so when he gets "routine" youl get him atb 

I’m the same, work dictates when can go shooting unfortunately.

I’ll keep baiting up around where we seen it.

luckily I can just pull up on the road and jump the fence so don’t have to walk ages to bait up?

8 hours ago, shovel leaner said:

Keep at it boys . Might take a few nights but his luck will run out.?

It might have already done so, shot on the next bit or run  over out on the road. Still if that is the case another will soon take its place.

49 minutes ago, Longshanx said:

Let’s hope. One good thing is we didn’t have to wait in the open as we’ve got an open shed as a hide?. Nice and dry and out the wind??

that's good. We had this last winter around some stables. It was so cold we were frozen to the bone.  Its a good idea to cut a few sticks and plant them  at say 10 pace intervaĺs as range markers. Distance gets fudged at night. Things look a lot further away than they are.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

You know where you went wrong don't you!

Smelling like two woofters.

Get some fox scent glands on you. You can rub it in each other if you wish.

And stop buying pedigree chum. It's tripe mix they die for.

U.?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
13 hours ago, Longshanx said:

Well been out tonight with Stavross to see if Charlie would turn back up.

Spotted him last Wednesday night about 20:30, so got  there tonight about 19:30 and chucked a bit of dog food about to keep it on the spot to take a shot.

So we waited, waited and waited a bit more, roughly about 2hrs. Bait down, then the rabbit distress call on Stavs fox caller and the dirty little blighter hasn’t got the courtesy to turn up?

Not having a good week this week. Nothing at the other stables and zilch tonight. Thought I would have got something from the smaller stables to keep baiting the permission we were at tonight but nope, not to be.

Its a good job I enjoy the walk out. You can’t have it all, all the time.

It might help if you could put a trail cam over the baited area for a few nights to see what time it is coming. I try and use them as much as i can to build a picture up of individual foxes movements, it saves me a lot of time waiting for nothing. Trail cams are fairly cheap now on the bay, there are some for £35. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ianm said:

It might help if you could put a trail cam over the baited area for a few nights to see what time it is coming. I try and use them as much as i can to build a picture up of individual foxes movements, it saves me a lot of time waiting for nothing. Trail cams are fairly cheap now on the bay, there are some for £35. 

Thanks for the input Ian. Certainly something to think about purchasing ?

Dont get the time to go every night and look round, so it’s definitely a good idea??

Edited by Longshanx
1 hour ago, Underdog said:

U.?

It was hardly Broke Back Mountain ??

And it was Orlando with poultry?

Thats probably why he never turned up, doesn’t like cheap dog food ?

4 hours ago, Meece said:

It might have already done so, shot on the next bit or run  over out on the road. Still if that is the case another will soon take its place.

that's good. We had this last winter around some stables. It was so cold we were frozen to the bone.  Its a good idea to cut a few sticks and plant them  at say 10 pace intervaĺs as range markers. Distance gets fudged at night. Things look a lot further away than they are.

There is definitely a chance he’s been shot or ran over M, we were discussing that last night.

Ive dropped a  hare in the trees near where it was seen so I’ll be check to see if the baits been taken.

I have considered the idea of distance marking too, as I do struggle sometimes with night distance.?

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

U.?

I’ve got some fox lure, we will have to give ourselves a spray with that, it’s more expensive than my old spice but I think the foxes are worth it?

• Haha 3
59 minutes ago, Stavross said:

I’ve got some fox lure, we will have to give ourselves a spray with that, it’s more expensive than my old spice but I think the foxes are worth it?

I know what, you get yourself lathered up in fox lure and I’ll send you over to hide in the trees to see if it turns up. Bearing in mind if I don’t see it walk into the trees your getting bummed by a fox due to the fact I’ll have no clear shot???

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

I know what, you get yourself lathered up in fox lure and I’ll send you over to hide in the trees to see if it turns up. Bearing in mind if I don’t see it walk into the trees your getting bummed by a fox due to the fact I’ll have no clear shot???

Bloody hell I was only trying to help you out and now you are willing  to risk me getting buggered off a fox so you can take a shot at it ??

Edited by Stavross
  • Haha 1