Bloody Typical

On 07/09/2018 at 12:08, ianm said:

It might help if you could put a trail cam over the baited area for a few nights to see what time it is coming. I try and use them as much as i can to build a picture up of individual foxes movements, it saves me a lot of time waiting for nothing. Trail cams are fairly cheap now on the bay, there are some for £35. 

What trail cam do you use? Been looking on eBay, do they all record video or just take a snap shot when the IR is triggered. 12mp or 16mp? Been bitten a few times buying off eBay so any recommendations would be great?

I have several cameras and different types but the ones i prefer are this type, 273449712017. I have read the spec of this one but it gives conflicting information. It says it is 850nm led and further down says it is 940nm. A quick message to the seller should sort out which it is, 940nm is more covert so less likely to disturb the fox, however some don't bother about the red glow of a 850nm. The 850nm led will shine further than the 940nm but you don't need to photo/film a long way off  .as you are using bait.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ianm said:

I have several cameras and different types but the ones i prefer are this type, 273449712017. I have read the spec of this one but it gives conflicting information. It says it is 850nm led and further down says it is 940nm. A quick message to the seller should sort out which it is, 940nm is more covert so less likely to disturb the fox, however some don't bother about the red glow of a 850nm. The 850nm led will shine further than the 940nm but you don't need to photo/film a long way off  .as you are using bait.

Thanks Ian??