Static/electric training collars

Rocky2

I bought one off Ebay. 100 settings for vibrate and shock, works up to around 200m, has beep function, water resistant, two collars connected to one remote, everything totally rechargeable..... 16 notes delivered ;)

Sorted my problem right out.

Watching his face change when he gets a vibrate and knows if he continues I'm gonna fry his balls, is pure pleasure :laugh:

Funnily enough the beep function is more of a God send than the shock. When he's at distance in the mountains and has free range, I've taught him to recall to it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Mine (SD-425) only has 7 settings. Which is plenty mind for me. Level 4 or 5 is enough to break most dogs attention without causing fear/shock, just an uncomfortable stimulus.

Here's the range; https://www.sportdog.com/en-gb/dog-training/e-collars/sporttrainer

Are you sure it hasn’t got a tiny little rubber button on the back for another 7 higher level settings?

3 hours ago, mushroom said:

I bought one off Ebay. 100 settings for vibrate and shock, works up to around 200m, has beep function, water resistant, two collars connected to one remote, everything totally rechargeable..... 16 notes delivered ;)

Sorted my problem right out.

Watching his face change when he gets a vibrate and knows if he continues I'm gonna fry his balls, is pure pleasure :laugh:

Funnily enough the beep function is more of a God send than the shock. When he's at distance in the mountains and has free range, I've taught him to recall to it.

My brother very recently was at his whits end with his Springer. He kept going on about feeling like he's fighting a losing battle, not being able to take the dog out or do anything with him because of his disobedience and couldn't shake the thought that the dog would be better off re-homed. The dog is headstrong, possessive and bold but really has a lot of potential as he is very responsive to firm handling and is not neurotic when boxed or kennelled. The whole experience sounded familiar and is a horrible state of mind, for both handler and dog.

I told him I'd fix it and to do as I say. "Put the collar on the dog every time you're out with him and in a couple weeks I'll show you how to begin using it." Once I had shown him, within a few days I get a text saying how much more confident he is with his dog, how much better behaved the dog is and how much more he is doing with the dog. Other people also commented on how much better the dog is in indirect ways, probably because my brother now has a more positive and confident mindset to handling the dog. FYI the dog has never yelped in pain/shock once...

Negative reinforcement and positive punishments are NOT f***ing cruel if applied correctly and are used without thought by even the people that claim "I only believe in positive reinforcement methods".

My brother's dog's life would have been much poorer without this method but apparently the folks in Westminster, the 'prestigious' Kennel Club & RSPCA reckon otherwise. :blink:

Yes, there are other methods that would have achieved a similar result but they require very experienced handlers and very careful training/entering. The E-collar makes things much easier and can fix problems that have manifested as a result of inexperienced handling. Banning them will do very little other than condemn difficult dogs to a shit and unfulfilling life if not a bullet.

Another case of emotion and ignorance dominating in democracy...

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 4
11 minutes ago, Boristheblade said:

Are you sure it hasn’t got a tiny little rubber button on the back for another 7 higher level settings?

I don't think so mate but I'll have to check as this is the first I'm hearing of this. :hmm:

Says on the sportdog site I linked 7 settings and never really questioned it.

• 2 weeks later...