Back at em.

Guest vin

11 hours ago, vin said:

she's still fat from the summer mate and her rest with the torn gracillis muscle. . . But so far so good. 

Yes, its Venus mate..9 years old now. 

I was back out today and after netting up 2 warrens and using over 30 nets I'd had enough of the bloody things.

So I let the dogs do their thing and caught more than I had previously on the next 2 warrens without nets. . . even though I was in a thick woodland area. Less noise and more bolts.By the time you've snapped a load of twigs and thumped about putting the nets down the bunnies don't want to bolt. My method..sneak up, drop a hob in and let the dogs do the rest. 

Wow 9 years old all ready. It only seems like last winter I was having my first night out with Her and Tomo. Time goes like feck mate.

12 hours ago, vin said:

she's still fat from the summer mate and her rest with the torn gracillis muscle. . . But so far so good. 

Yes, its Venus mate..9 years old now. 

I was back out today and after netting up 2 warrens and using over 30 nets I'd had enough of the bloody things.

So I let the dogs do their thing and caught more than I had previously on the next 2 warrens without nets. . . even though I was in a thick woodland area. Less noise and more bolts.By the time you've snapped a load of twigs and thumped about putting the nets down the bunnies don't want to bolt. My method..sneak up, drop a hob in and let the dogs do the rest. 

No need for nets with those dogs Vin. My old bitch was decent enough at doing a similar job. 

It's good to have some new ferret blood down here and I'm sure they will get plenty of opportunities this season.

• Like 1