OUT with new gun

You had a good shoot there. 41 in 3 hrs is good going. What cartridges were you using?  I have two 28s one is an AyA no.2 rounded  action and the other is an investarm o/u. The AyA is a beautiful  quality gun whereas the investarm is a very basic tool. The onĺy reason that I have the investarm is that I bought it in an auction with a load of cartridges and electric ear defenders and òther stuff that was brand new. Although it is an agricultural tool it knocks stuff down very well. The 28 has surprised me how well it shoots and takes stuff down. The only downside is the cost of cartridges, so I found a Mec grabber reloader and churn out my own.  I'd be interested to see some more close ups of he gun that you have. Where did you get it from? The standard 28 load is 21 grams of 6 shòt which equates to a 3/4 oz load whi h is an even lighter load but with excellent performance . Again a good time out in the field and looķ forward to more pictures .

On 05/09/2018 at 21:42, grebb said:

It’s a Kofs sceptre  multi choke ejecter  new only £450  seems good value 

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/09/2018 at 10:20, grebb said:

Hi and thanks yes was gd 3 hrs. Cartridges were fiocchi 24g 5s 

The 5s certainly did the business but is would have had more pellets and a better pattern. Only the Americans !,, they buckle the truth a bit.  an Interesting read with a pinch of salt. The second link has a better balance of truth.

https://www.chuckhawks.com/28gauge.htm

https://www.shotgunworld.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?t=80655#p629065