Insane perspective!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

consider taking it up lol..

Born hunter i read your posts so i can repeat them and make myself sound intelligent but that is nonsense. Maybe if everybody was mushroom size and daniel cain thin.

and now Im feeling patronised ?

Posted Images

18 minutes ago, Astanley said:

I am feeling really stupid and under educated right now .

Stan if you can add, subtract, multiply and take away, you can follow written equations mate.

Edited by mushroom
25 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Are you off ya tits? 

You navigate battles using this shit lol. When you call coordinates and artillery fire on that spot, it's the same shit.

Nope I just have to be a good map reader and send in an 8 figure grid ... the rest is up to the artillery or Air Force mate .......

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

Spoiler! The middle of the lake would appear to rise 12cm from level!

only lastnight i was watching this little film about the exact same thing you are talking about today lol.and 12cm is way way off mate.

have a look at this very interesting and quite mind bending.

25 minutes ago, socks said:

Nope I just have to be a good map reader and send in an 8 figure grid ... the rest is up to the artillery or Air Force mate .......

Lazy b*****ds :laugh:

OK! Someone has to align the fuucking big guns ffs...... they use It then lol

8 hours ago, Born Hunter said:

There's to much really cool shit to discover. Mind blowing stuff! Makes ya really think...

Ps I think the answer to the rope around the earth question is 8cm from memory. Haven't worked it out recently but thats f***ing mad right? Basically increasing the earth circumfrance by just a single meter would raise the ground level by 8cm!

Don't understand the question, never mind the answer!

Cheers, D.

7 hours ago, South hams hunter said:

Over the Atlantic I'm sure tide height and state would also take effect surely which would mean different stages of the lunar cycle would create different results

Valid point mate. So far we assume the earth is a perfect sphere all the time. It is very close to that anyway. I suspect over the atlantic the error tide would introduce would be insignificant. Even mt everest doesn't effect things too much. But nonethless would have to be checked.

5 hours ago, king said:

only lastnight i was watching this little film about the exact same thing you are talking about today lol.and 12cm is way way off mate.

have a look at this very interesting and quite mind bending.

I'll Try to watch it later but I'm pretty sure 12cm is correct for a 2.5km body of water. The website I posted earlier confirmed it. But it wouldn't be the first time I was wrong.

Can you elaborate?

Just watched the first bit mate. My calculation is still valid for 2.5km. If I worked out what they measured I'd get a lot more than 12cm, youre right, as I worked out how much higher the middle was if you were to line up both ends and they were working over 3 miles. They assume the earth is flat at one end and then work out how much lower the other end is, slightly different measurement. The maths isn't linear and by that I mean you can't just double the drop every time you double the distance, its a bit more involved than that.

Good clip though, its exactly what I'm talking about.

Edited by Born Hunter

Fcuk the maths theories, what is more important is if half the men and women claimed there hoards of illegitimate kids then the population is probably double what the census says so therefore we take up double the amount of space. I'd like to see the census taker getting an accurate count in African , Chinese or Indian cities or towns.?

1 hour ago, Born Hunter said:

Just watched the first bit mate. My calculation is still valid for 2.5km. If I worked out what they measured I'd get a lot more than 12cm, youre right, as I worked out how much higher the middle was if you were to line up both ends and they were working over 3 miles. They assume the earth is flat at one end and then work out how much lower the other end is, slightly different measurement. The maths isn't linear and by that I mean you can't just double the drop every time you double the distance, its a bit more involved than that.

Good clip though, its exactly what I'm talking about.

You definitely couldn't do it that way because over enough distance you'd get to a point where the middle between them would be the radius of the earth. True north to true south , you could go as high as you like but you'd never see the other point 

• Like 1