The oddest looking thing: new puppy

Been a while since I've posted on here, but I thought I'd put up a few photos of a pup I bought, or should I say rescued. Stunted, half starved, legs like twigs and supposedly 8 weeks old, though she was no longer than my hand when I got her. Now, 3 months later, it has turned into the oddest looking thing. Just curious to see what other members make of her. She must have Collie in her breeding as she is a sort of red merle, though the speckling is only on her head and she has one ticked eye. But she is turning into a right lump, and has gone from weedy to tank in such a short time. She also has far too much skin and is, I'm afraid to say, is somewhat fat as well. I've actually been cutting her food down recently, but given her appetite I'm thinking she maybe has some sort of retriever in her, and I'm not entirely joking as she has that thick layer of fat and that roly-poly look that retriever pups have.  Short legs too, though she's still growing at a rate of knots: now 21 inches and has grown nearly 2 inches in the last 3 weeks: what the hell is she????? 

Very intelligent, cracking temperament, up for anything, physically seems very tough and even when I first got her she was into everything and anything, winding the big dogs up unmercifully and it will definitely be a case of holding her back as she doesn't seem to have a shred of fear in her. Anyway, here's a few photos:

New-puppy.jpg

Skylark.jpg

Skylark-2.jpg

• Like 15

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Been a while since I've posted on here, but I thought I'd put up a few photos of a pup I bought, or should I say rescued. Stunted, half starved, legs like twigs and supposedly 8 weeks old, though she

He sounds like some dog ray I've never heard you mention him before what way is he bred what's his temp like etc

Or God forbid penn could it be one a these Wheaton bull grey lol some how i know not atb bill

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Some serious bone to her, could there be deerhound it her as well?

That's what so interesting: she is supposed to be lurcher to lurcher, which I can't argue with, but as I never saw the sire I'm not sure. The dam was a black and tan, long-backed scrawny looking thing that the bloke said was Collie cross, though she was definitely not a red merle, and he said the sire was Beddy/Grey to Deer/Grey, but only 24 inches. Frankly, I doubt he knew any more than me, and I only have his word that the photo of the sire he showed me was in fact this pup's father at all. It will always be a mystery!

3 minutes ago, peterhunter86 said:

I met a woman about two months ago she had a lurcher pup the image of that she had it about a week or so it was a bit rough but she said it was worse when she found it in a ditch covered in car oil 

yes there are some sick a^seholes about

23 minutes ago, Black neck said:

I think she might be a Celtic war hound just from the facial markings

They all had that

Oh, I love that: always wanted a Celtic war hound: they used to fight alongside the warriors, if we can believe what we read: I've read several novels about Boudicca, or Boadicea, depending on your preference, and it is said that that they prized their hounds above anything else.

15 minutes ago, skycat said:

Oh, I love that: always wanted a Celtic war hound: they used to fight alongside the warriors, if we can believe what we read: I've read several novels about Boudicca, or Boadicea, depending on your preference, and it is said that that they prized their hounds above anything else.

When I last spoke to old boadicea she said a good war hound was worth 3 men in battle

Then she tried it on wi us but I dint want to get involved 

• Haha 6