360 excavators

32 minutes ago, staffs riffraff said:

Anyone here drive them above 10 tonnes? Training on one with a grab for work and basically let to it or well not being taught properly he not an instructor just someone at work got my test in couple weeks so anyone got any little tips etc?

My son in law has not long renewed all his 360 tickets I,ll have a word later mate and get back to you, though you would probably be better off finding someone that's done it at the same place as yours is booked,as a lot of examiners have there own little likes and dislikes much like anything, 

1 hour ago, Greyman said:

My son in law has not long renewed all his 360 tickets I,ll have a word later mate and get back to you, though you would probably be better off finding someone that's done it at the same place as yours is booked,as a lot of examiners have there own little likes and dislikes much like anything, 

i spent some time on a 360,s cat 390 90 ton was the last 360 i was on.the bigger they are the easier because they are slower.

1 answer and i cant say it enough mate.time in the seat.operate the 360 as much as possible everyday you will much better than the previous day.operating the machine will become second nature to you as in you wont even be thinking what the levers do your hands will be going on there own with no feeling of input from yourself.just like your hands are driving the machine on there own.on autopilot so to speak.you will pick that up in a good few full days on the machine.

and try and be smooth no jerking of the joy sticks and dont rush.there is no rush if your cycle times are a few seconds slower than an experienced lad it dont matter really.

its not the operating the machine that most lads struggle with its putting the machine to work and tackling various task's.

good luck with test though.

you are working in a scrap yard or recycling plant if you have a grab are you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, staffs riffraff said:

Well i absolutely nailed that test so now im officially qualified, absolutely buzzing 

See goes to show that even special people can get on in life ? ........

• Like 1
  • Haha 4