Near misses

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had builders buckets and bt blue rope to get the dirt out lol, remember saying to the lads before we back filled. 'you could lose a lwb sprinter van in there?...... Funny thing was the lad put up a

Travelled to stoke few yrs back to rescue 2 young dogs that had dropped in with out collars on  for 2 members on here, dropped a Russell bitch in and got a mark at 7.2 m on railway embankment?‍♂️.....

Picture of the boulder after it collapsed. Was lucky that day.

Posted Images

If we sat down a did a risk assessment everytime we’d never do it! 

Had a dog in under an old drystone wall that was covered in soil blown off the fields over the years last season, lifted dog shot quarry and the wall collapsed. We’d dug down the side of it anyway but the dog would never have survived the weight of stone

635031061_BlackheartsDogs225.thumb.jpg.0117d8d19e80dc32965851645da4a0af.jpg

Travelled to stoke few yrs back to rescue 2 young dogs that had dropped in with out collars on  for 2 members on here, dropped a Russell bitch in and got a mark at 7.2 m on railway embankment?‍♂️...... Dug from 8am until early hrs, found the young bitch just about alive, carried on tunnelling for the dog, my mate mark was up the tube and i had him by the legs and someone had my feet lol.... Everytime a train came we had to get out the hole.... Could see the dog he was brown bread just couldnt quite reach him..... The lad said leave him there not worth you lads ending up the same way...... Wish the dirt came out as easy as it was to backfill?valuable lesson learnt for those 2 lads that day, and some good friendships made?did 4 m in running sand last season only had my 8 yr old lad with me, fox decided to bolt when i was 0.3 off it, glad in a way could of been a naughty one... 

• Like 13
1 hour ago, Daniel cain said:

366738525_BlackheartsDogs235.thumb.jpg.5f3041315d79ca63c71b8b4946201deb.jpg

We had builders buckets and bt blue rope to get the dirt out lol, remember saying to the lads before we back filled. 'you could lose a lwb sprinter van in there?...... Funny thing was the lad put up a post on here asking for help first day, the fire service came, useless, on ground with written permission, even made the local paper and fishshop sent us out all grub, nice touch that was..... Went on for 30 pages at least with the thl armchair hunters giving  their opinions and conspiracies pmsl...... Not 1 got off their arses to help out mind... I knew from that day on that at least 95% of the terrier lads on here only get out a handful of times a season........ Quick to shoot others down to make their own sad little selves feel better?but when it came to the crunch........ They shrivelled up like a bunch of cold bollocks, back to the safety of the belly?just because some folks dont post pics or say alot, dont meen they a wrong un?

Once you reach a certain depth a bucket and rope is the only way to get it out and away from the hole.I like yourself do a lot of deep hand digs for a living and once you get much past 3m you aint throwing much out with a spade without half of it coming back in on you and if your in wet sticky stuff youve got no f***ing chance.Im sure a lot of these lads you hear talking about 15ft plus digs or 5meter plus these days dont actually realise how deep that is.

• Like 6
2 minutes ago, downsouth said:

Once you reach a certain depth a bucket and rope is the only way to get it out and away from the hole.I like yourself do a lot of deep hand digs for a living and once you get much past 3m you aint throwing much out with a spade without half of it coming back in on you and if your in wet sticky stuff youve got no f***ing chance.Im sure a lot of these lads you hear talking about 15ft plus digs or 5meter plus these days dont actually realise how deep that is.

I carry a wallpaper scraper in the truck.... Handy to clean off the sticky stuff. Always have rope, ratchets, straps and a bucket, never know when your out in the sticks..... Can save the day ?

• Like 4
On 06/09/2018 at 10:35, Rat face said:

We was on a  deep one a few weeks back in very loose sand. My arse fell out I must admit. We was down at 6m and looking down at my mate in the bottom thinking if this gose. It's game over for him

Remember when we came on that rescue and we tunneld in that big bank. Lol ... saw ya face that night as you kept looking for cracks with the torch...once saw my old man an his mate tunnel 27 foot in to a bank ... wouldent let me dig up ther being 12 year old but i was desprite to help that day... you think back its mad what we all get up to lol

• Like 2
9 hours ago, ziggy said:

Remember when we came on that rescue and we tunneld in that big bank. Lol ... saw ya face that night as you kept looking for cracks with the torch...once saw my old man an his mate tunnel 27 foot in to a bank ... wouldent let me dig up ther being 12 year old but i was desprite to help that day... you think back its mad what we all get up to lol

I'm a soft arse I admit it lol 

On 06/09/2018 at 20:25, Daniel cain said:

366738525_BlackheartsDogs235.thumb.jpg.5f3041315d79ca63c71b8b4946201deb.jpg

We had builders buckets and bt blue rope to get the dirt out lol, remember saying to the lads before we back filled. 'you could lose a lwb sprinter van in there?...... Funny thing was the lad put up a post on here asking for help first day, the fire service came, useless, on ground with written permission, even made the local paper and fishshop sent us out all grub, nice touch that was..... Went on for 30 pages at least with the thl armchair hunters giving  their opinions and conspiracies pmsl...... Not 1 got off their arses to help out mind... I knew from that day on that at least 95% of the terrier lads on here only get out a handful of times a season........ Quick to shoot others down to make their own sad little selves feel better?but when it came to the crunch........ They shrivelled up like a bunch of cold bollocks, back to the safety of the belly?just because some folks dont post pics or say alot, dont meen they a wrong un?

Lads I known had the same problem few year back .Myself and my mate and sin were also out digging 40 mile away .we stopped trying holes and drove up helping them dig long into the darknees thank God it all worked out .We got the dog out eventually I'd never leave anyone stuck like that it's nice to be nice 

• Like 1

Lad me and my mate knew since we teenagers had his terrier lost to ground all day and night.  Next day he went back and lad we know from that area was around. He dug deep on and got dog out .the lad who's dog it was, was well drained and so happy seeing this guy dig and got his dog out for him . This was big embankment along railway, all sand and claimed numerous dogs in the past found smothered or not seen again