Drone Strike!

Iv got mates that come out now and then , but I’m always with them , I usually drive and they lamp / thermal and shoot, but not very often. They all work and in my peak foxing time , around release the days are long and the nights short . They can’t be out til the wee small hours . I know a lot of keepers who have help . After years in the job and they are getting on , the enthusiasm isn’t there to spend hours out of their pit at night to shoot a fox . I’ve also found that thermal and night vision shooting isn’t very “spectator friendly “ as they can’t see what’s going on so soon loose interest. Personally I don’t have anyone do my job for me . 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Getting on for 25years ago I helped a keeper for three years and we made a brilliant team.

Ammo, powder, primers, petrol, diesel, firewood by tonnes, rabbit money and whiskey!

U.

Anywhere Whisky is thrown into the deal is always good???

Bet you wish you still helped that keeper?

Sounds like the perfect partnership.

Just now, Longshanx said:

Anywhere Whisky is thrown into the deal is always good???

Bet you wish you still helped that keeper?

Sounds like the perfect partnership.

He retired and his replacement is the most miserable man ever created, worse than me even!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Iv got mates that come out now and then , but I’m always with them , I usually drive and they lamp / thermal and shoot, but not very often. They all work and in my peak foxing time , around release the days are long and the nights short . They can’t be out til the wee small hours . I know a lot of keepers who have help . After years in the job and they are getting on , the enthusiasm isn’t there to spend hours out of their pit at night to shoot a fox . I’ve also found that thermal and night vision shooting isn’t very “spectator friendly “ as they can’t see what’s going on so soon loose interest. Personally I don’t have anyone do my job for me . 

Na, it's because you smell like a ferret and fox combination as to why they aren't to enthusiastic ?

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Underdog said:

Was there a note attached, " use this before you enter the house"".

And is that the one with warthog scent gland juice in it ?

U?

She won’t let me in the house after I’ve come out of the rearing sheds . I have to strip by the back door . I’ve also started to wear plastic gloves when I pick up foxes , nothing worse than that musky wiff when you are shoving toast in your mouth .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2