Drone Strike!

I thought i would nip out for a bit of foxing tonight to catch up with a couple of bother makers. First was a dog that has been taking chickens from a friend of mines son's place. I set up at eleven  as it had been caught on the trail cam i lent him at quarter to twelve.Well  he entered the field at eleven twenty six according to the clock in the thermal spotter, so i switched on the Drone and the Dragonfly. After picking him up with the Drone i followed his progress down the field waiting for a suitable moment. I didn't have to wait long, after making his way to the hedge he stopped to smell something and i squeezed the trigger, number one dealt with. 

Off to the keepered shoot now as he had smelled one for two days running near the river. On arrival i put the foxpro out on a hide pole about fifty yards away. Pheasant distress was the call i chose and well within five minutes there was a vixen stood twenty yards from the foxpro wondering where her meal was. After quickly switching on the Drone and Dragonfly i found her in the scope. At around eighty yards she took a thirty two grain round to the chest and it was all over. number two down.

001.JPG

001.JPG

• Like 6

17 hours ago, ianm said:

I thought i would nip out for a bit of foxing tonight to catch up with a couple of bother makers. First was a dog that has been taking chickens from a friend of mines son's place. I set up at eleven  as it had been caught on the trail cam i lent him at quarter to twelve.Well  he entered the field at eleven twenty six according to the clock in the thermal spotter, so i switched on the Drone and the Dragonfly. After picking him up with the Drone i followed his progress down the field waiting for a suitable moment. I didn't have to wait long, after making his way to the hedge he stopped to smell something and i squeezed the trigger, number one dealt with. 

Off to the keepered shoot now as he had smelled one for two days running near the river. On arrival i put the foxpro out on a hide pole about fifty yards away. Pheasant distress was the call i chose and well within five minutes there was a vixen stood twenty yards from the foxpro wondering where her meal was. After quickly switching on the Drone and Dragonfly i found her in the scope. At around eighty yards she took a thirty two grain round to the chest and it was all over. number two down.

001.JPG

001.JPG

I can understand the bloke with the chickens needing a bit of help but why isn't the  keeper on the  pheasant shoot doing his own fox control?  I know that it is great fun for you to go nightshooting but that's his job.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Meece said:

I can understand the bloke with the chickens needing a bit of help but why isn't the  keeper on the  pheasant shoot doing his own fox control?  I know that it is great fun for you to go nightshooting but that's his job.

If a keeper asked me to go and clear foxes from his land I’d be more than happy to oblige. Wouldn’t care if it was his job or not. All permission is good to have in my eyes!!

1 hour ago, Longshanx said:

If a keeper asked me to go and clear foxes from his land I’d be more than happy to oblige. Wouldn’t care if it was his job or not. All permission is good to have in my eyes!!

Correct, and i have free reign to come and go as i please  on 8,000 acres because he is a friend of mine that trusts me. He has his snare line which he checks twice daily  and shoots any he see's during his daytime rounds and i kill them at night, it's an arrangement that suits both of us. 

• Like 2

I have worked with keepers too and it can make a good team.

The keeper I help now is erm different!

He doesn't carry a gun! But he delights in telling me where he saw one and how close he got to it!!

Then he expects me to burn my diesel to try and get it for him!!!

Do I get an invite to shoot on beaters day, err no!!!!

Do I get a donation, err no!!!!

Am I about done on there, err yes ?

U.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Underdog said:

I have worked with keepers too and it can make a good team.

The keeper I help now is erm different!

He doesn't carry a gun! But he delights in telling me where he saw one and how close he got to it!!

Then he expects me to burn my diesel to try and get it for him!!!

Do I get an invite to shoot on beaters day, err no!!!!

Do I get a donation, err no!!!!

Am I about done on there, err yes ?

U.

In your case U I can understand your frustration.The keeper sounds like a right lazy git and you are doing his job for him.

A keeper that doesn’t carry a gun???

Has he got a catapult in his back pocket just incase?

Sounds like the land owner needs a new keeper.

Edited by Longshanx
  • Like 2