Beddy in the mix

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/2 grey 1/4 collie 1/4beddy.   Got him at six weeks 15 month now had a few early bunnies courtesy of the busher kills them straight away, retrieve hit and miss so bit work to do, proper tun

Had a nice couple  hours this morning with my we beddy whippet greyhound 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, nothernlite said:

They can no exactly the hardest thing for a dog to do catch and kill a fox ???

I've got a nine year old 3qwhippet bedy x3qwhippet sal who took fox, muntjac,hare regular when he was younger,he still give his best if I slipped him on ginger but use him for ferreting mostly .he earned his retirement and my young bedy Greyhound follows him every were when out as he all ways in right place.atb

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I personally wouldn't run a dog to young but i think the main thing is getting it catching. NL you have great ground and your dogs are catching from the off, it is constantly missing educated rabbits on difficult ground that can get them yapping more than age i think. Getting plenty of gear in its mouth from the off i don't think beddy x will be anymore likely to end up yapping than any other x. I like a bit of beddy in. Just my personal opinion though.

• Like 4
On 22/09/2018 at 07:33, lifelong cumbrian said:

I personally wouldn't run a dog to young but i think the main thing is getting it catching. NL you have great ground and your dogs are catching from the off, it is constantly missing educated rabbits on difficult ground that can get them yapping more than age i think. Getting plenty of gear in its mouth from the off i don't think beddy x will be anymore likely to end up yapping than any other x. I like a bit of beddy in. Just my personal opinion though.

I agree not likely to yap anymore than any other unless given to much to soon,but the few I seen were yappers, I did mention prob down to owners but I wasn't taking any chances with him. 

Got him at 6 weeks been in the field from 7 weeks, slowly slowly all the way with him, picking everywhere I been to compensate having this youngster along with the bushers. 

Couple of easy rabbits pushed out across long grass meadow started him off for few easy catches. 

Works round the cover well anticipating a bolt and few green bunnies on the lamp to get him going. 

All good so far cheers?

Edited by Jackknife
9 hours ago, lifelong cumbrian said:

I have one out of same collie grey sire as that dog but out out of a malinos greyhound bitch, taking it slowly but he is coming on nice. Smart dog mate, real good litter that was.

fullsizeoutput_b06_zps4fbtsffu.jpeg

Looking great mate  

Edited by nothernlite
On 22 September 2018 at 07:37, lifelong cumbrian said:

I have one out of same collie grey sire as that dog but out out of a malinos greyhound bitch, taking it slowly but he is coming on nice. Smart dog mate, real good litter that was.

fullsizeoutput_b06_zps4fbtsffu.jpeg

Very nice well put together atb bill

• Like 1