Beddy in the mix

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

1/2 grey 1/4 collie 1/4beddy.   Got him at six weeks 15 month now had a few early bunnies courtesy of the busher kills them straight away, retrieve hit and miss so bit work to do, proper tun

Had a nice couple  hours this morning with my we beddy whippet greyhound 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Black neck said:

If someone said they had 1 that done loads single on the regular would you believe them 

As you sound rather like a doubting Thomas 

Young man

Of coarse I would, I’m not fishing for bites I would genuinely like to here peoples thoughts on useing them as out an out fox dogs as I’ve never seen one

35 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Of coarse I would, I’m not fishing for bites I would genuinely like to here peoples thoughts on useing them as out an out fox dogs as I’ve never seen one

Well in that case I have seen 1 never owned it mind he was 23 inch would kill a fox quick on his own Ang would roll about wi a bag of spuds wi out moaning about it not my cup of tea that lark tho

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, billhardy said:

them beddies be better for a drop of good Wheaton blood in em fa reds in any numbers I would think I seen a good few beddie types up here non liked reds these just had poor prey drive ,that's not fa say there will be odd good uns about.atb bill

That’s all I’ve ever had for foxes, Wheaton or bull crosses and don’t know anyone that use anything else, remember reading an article in edrd in the nineties about a fella using 1st crosses for fox and to be honest they looked the business so I had to have one, bought one out of England threw a friend that was supposed to be doing the job that turned out to be useless on fox, seen a couple more threw out the years but none were much to write home about, I’m sure decent animals are out there it’s just I’ve never seen them and that’s why I’d like to hear people’s thoughts on them. By the way the picture in edrd was of a lovely be strong broken coated dog standing on a bracken bank if anyone remembers it.

8 hours ago, dogmandont said:

That’s all I’ve ever had for foxes, Wheaton or bull crosses and don’t know anyone that use anything else, remember reading an article in edrd in the nineties about a fella using 1st crosses for fox and to be honest they looked the business so I had to have one, bought one out of England threw a friend that was supposed to be doing the job that turned out to be useless on fox, seen a couple more threw out the years but none were much to write home about, I’m sure decent animals are out there it’s just I’ve never seen them and that’s why I’d like to hear people’s thoughts on them. By the way the picture in edrd was of a lovely be strong broken coated dog standing on a bracken bank if anyone remembers it.

i used to read about   spud   1x beddy x grey    that Garry   thing a bob   forgot his last name  ,  well it was long time ago , lol . well he did  say how good he did his job on foxes solo  no prob.But i think he did say that apbt x greys  were getting popular , and he could see why , they kill quick  very powerful with strong jaws, and take pain  like no other lurcher  back then, so suppose times moved on with dogs for jobs, and ive always said  that the best fox killer i ever saw was Tug 1x staff x grey , he kill them dead quick  , like feckin rat lol   , it was seeing him that these type dogs take it to another level , the wheatenxs another good lurcher , but from what heard bit to sharp with other dogs , but never had one ,only bullxs mine were good with other dogs no prob  . But a well bred 1x beddy x grey  still good lurcher do most stuff, get the right one you got a very  good dog .

2 hours ago, bird said:

i used to read about   spud   1x beddy x grey    that Garry   thing a bob   forgot his last name  ,  well it was long time ago , lol . well he did  say how good he did his job on foxes solo  no prob.But i think he did say that apbt x greys  were getting popular , and he could see why , they kill quick  very powerful with strong jaws, and take pain  like no other lurcher  back then, so suppose times moved on with dogs for jobs, and ive always said  that the best fox killer i ever saw was Tug 1x staff x grey , he kill them dead quick  , like feckin rat lol   , it was seeing him that these type dogs take it to another level , the wheatenxs another good lurcher , but from what heard bit to sharp with other dogs , but never had one ,only bullxs mine were good with other dogs no prob  . But a well bred 1x beddy x grey  still good lurcher do most stuff, get the right one you got a very  good dog .

Think I’ll stick to what I know ray. No point in going backwards.

• Like 2