FOX problem

Bit of advise need lf possible, my sister-in-law runs a school kitchen, and the playing field backs onto a small wood which is obviously fenced off, but the caretaker is concerned about a family of foxes which are using the school field as a playground and toilet, now the caretaker has been Intouch with the rspca to see if they can be removed for health reasons with the children playing on the field and the rspca said they can't help as they are urban foxes, the fox,s live in the woods,but come onto the playing field, now is there a way of getting them removed?, so far it's a family of seven... Thankyou

It's not actually illegal to move them live, but you can get into all sorts of animal welfare issues doing this, not to mention the wrath of the poor sod who gets 7 foxes dumped on his land. Cage and shoot is the way forward. 

20 hours ago, walshie said:

It's not actually illegal to move them live, but you can get into all sorts of animal welfare issues doing this, not to mention the wrath of the poor sod who gets 7 foxes dumped on his land. Cage and shoot is the way forward. 

Foxes used to get dumped on my patch regularly, it seems to have stopped now as I haven’t had any for a couple of years. I know it sounds bad , but I used to quite enjoy it . I once shot several within a couple of days where I hadn’t seen any for a long time . And they were all really dumb and stood there and let you get really close . One was even sunning itself lying with his belly on the tarmac while I pulled up and poked my shotgun out of the land rover window . Keep dumping them I say !!!

Edited by shovel leaner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
23 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

Some outfit used to dump them on one of the junctions in Wiltshire and we had 10 one night ,all but one had a tiny nick in the  webbing of the back feet ,all same place ,same foot .Stupid town foxes all of them .

What's the nick from 

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 17:05, walshie said:

Correct, I often wonder where all the misinformation comes from!

On ‎02‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 16:02, Phill-W68 said:

Bit of advise need lf possible, my sister-in-law runs a school kitchen, and the playing field backs onto a small wood which is obviously fenced off, but the caretaker is concerned about a family of foxes which are using the school field as a playground and toilet, now the caretaker has been Intouch with the rspca to see if they can be removed for health reasons with the children playing on the field and the rspca said they can't help as they are urban foxes, the fox,s live in the woods,but come onto the playing field, now is there a way of getting them removed?, so far it's a family of seven... Thankyou

I spend a lot of time dealing with foxes, urban and rural and off the top of my head I've done about 12 schools as well.

Get a professional in, 2 or 3 days work should solve your problem permanently! :D:thumbs:

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Torquemada said:

The 1960 Abandonment of Animals Act was repealed with the inception of the 2006 Animal Welfare Act.

The 2006 act covers the same area i.e. to prevent unnecessary suffering to an animal. That is why it is an offence under the 2006 act to relocate a healthy fox.

There is NOTHING specifically illegal about relocating a fox, and nowhere in the 2006 Animal Welfare Act does it say relocating a fox is illegal.

Relocating a fox does not instantly or by implication cause it welfare issues, that needs to be proven, and in some cases moving a fox is actually beneficial to the fox!

• Like 1