3175darren

A good first day of the season

First morning, cracking start, 11 mallard 1 goose, on new ground a flight pond, I got end of last yr, my others are dry at the moment, I don’t normally shoot morning flights, but had friends here, for the opening day, one a novice,  plenty of duck, so I called time at 11, they were still coming in when we went, and didn’t want to hit it too hard, dog did really well, doing some really good retrieves, 

1D5A1D68-4E3B-4DFB-857F-9C738A051987.thumb.jpeg.b9b269325b07983ea9824e97164c0d1e.jpegEBD46739-8A53-4EF8-B3E7-647F0C041AE8.thumb.jpeg.96ed47d00f00893e9518c539d9d84390.jpeg

• Like 3

Take them when you get them mate there's no guarantee  when flighting 

1 hour ago, The one said:

Take them when you get them mate there's no guarantee  when flighting 

I know mate, I have done it for yrs, but never have hit them too hard at the start, just My way 

Sounds great,ive been feeding a pond thats never been shot before,i put 20 x 8week ducks on it,just keep farmer happy,but i counted 18 wild ducks got off the other day,so hoping to have a little bit of fun with the kids.ive been feeding bananas,melon,sweet pots,and wheat in shallows

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Qbgrey said:

Sounds great,ive been feeding a pond thats never been shot before,i put 20 x 8week ducks on it,just keep farmer happy,but i counted 18 wild ducks got off the other day,so hoping to have a little bit of fun with the kids.ive been feeding bananas,melon,sweet pots,and wheat in shallows

Sounds good, we have been limited, as most of the ponds around us are dry at the moment, that’s the only pond I have with water at present, I am uasually feeding 3 this time of yr, 

Yup same here,all the stream water gets caught by the fruit farmers here,but this pond keeps water,i think it was an old stone quarry years ago,only small.