On 13/09/2018 at 15:21, Daniel cain said:

Old swb pajero or fourtrak.. 

Loved my old fourtrak , I think I’ve had most of the off roasters over the years , but looking back the best of the lot was the Subaru brat pickup with an ifor Williams back . Go anywhere with road tyres as long as you had ground clearance . It had a flat four engine and they stopped making them because they would have had to redesign the engine to accommodate a catalytic converter . A real shame .  There is a market for a small 4x4 pickup and they were bomb proof if a little thirsty. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Loved my old fourtrak , I think I’ve had most of the off roasters over the years , but looking back the best of the lot was the Subaru brat pickup with an ifor Williams back . Go anywhere with road tyres as long as you had ground clearance . It had a flat four engine and they stopped making them because they would have had to redesign the engine to accommodate a catalytic converter . A real shame .  There is a market for a small 4x4 pickup and they were bomb proof if a little thirsty. 

Been after a scooby pick up for yrs but most are gone rotted away unless you import them. Wont go wrong with a forester mind, 2"lift go anywhere😉thought about turning a fourtrak into a pick up.... Oneday when i got time👍

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Been after a scooby pick up for yrs but most are gone rotted away unless you import them. Wont go wrong with a forester mind, 2"lift go anywhere😉thought about turning a fourtrak into a pick up.... Oneday when i got time👍

My fourtrak , just wouldn’t die , I had it years , it was one of the last ones,  the independent suspension model . But they were basic and didn’t handle corners well . My wife loved it because of the big flat windscreen, she said she felt she could see everything and felt safe in it . If you do get one and turn it into a pick up , post some pictures. 👍

• Like 2

At the moment I’ve got a Nissan Xtrial and to be honest I don’t like it at all never have since I bought it two years ago EGR problems and all that but I’m thinking of getting rid and buying a Toyota Land Cruiser the write ups are very good.

Looking back on all the 4x4s I’ve had and I’ve had a few Daihatsu Fourtrack Fieldman was immense so much better than a Discovery and yep I’ve owned one of them as well big mistake selling the Fourtrack, it was a nice dark green colour there’s not many nice ones about now. 

Edited by FLATTOP

Sold my last fourtrak to a lad on here...... Id buy it back in a heartbeat if he ever parts with it.... Piss over any landrover imo, little thirsty, not the fastest but a damn good workhorse and never got stuck anywhere 👍

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

At the moment I’ve got a Nissan Xtrial and to be honest I don’t like it at all never have since I bought it two years ago EGR problems and all that but I’m thinking of getting rid and buying a Toyota Land Cruiser the write ups are very good.

Looking back on all the 4x4s I’ve had and I’ve had a few Daihatsu Fourtrack Fieldman was immense so much better than a Discovery and yep I’ve owned one of them as well big mistake selling the Fourtrack, it was a nice dark green colour there’s not many nice ones about now. 

You won’t regret getting a land cruiser . They are “the best” off road / on road vehicle there is . My brother in law is minted and lives in the back of beyond in Yorkshire he’s had Range Rovers , porch cayenne’s , he’s now got a Land cruiser and says it’s the best motor he’s ever had . Also what do the Arabs drive , and those guys could have any motor they wanted ?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Scafflad1 said:

[BANNED TEXT] mate it's got insa turbos Sahara's on it mate there cheap they last and there quiet on the road there like a soft but hard rubber never been stuck aniway and it's been in some sticky situations haha

Thanks

One of my mates had the l200 and had issues with sensors, after repairing the head gasket, took ages to get sorted and cost him a fortune, soon as it was fixed he sold it.

another friend bought one last year, owned it for about 4 months and it spent nearly all of that back in the garage been fixed, sent it back in the end.

i have the ford ranger and like it a lot, had a few small issues with it all fixed under warranty but in general it’s been very good and hard a proper hard life, however I have heard they are also prone to playing up so perhaps I got lucky with this one.

I test drove the new d-max for 5 days recently and it’s as good if not better than the ranger, the 5 yr warranty sold it for me so deal done and I shall be getting one on the next plate.

Nissan terrano 2.7tdi, had it about 8 years. Just changed a few linkages, cv’s and belts etc. New exhaust. Been relentless really, 138,000 on the clock now.

• Like 2

I like my Nissan pathfinder and there's loads of spares in the scrappy's  but its no a patch on the sons Ford Ranger buts its nearly brand new and not had a real work out 

Y reg hilux with insa turbo special tracks, I love it off road, it goes anywhere, but it's a slow, thirsty, noisy bugger on the the way there and back. The tyres are probably overkill but i got stuck a few times on all terrains and spent a night in the field.