22 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

At the moment I’ve got a Nissan Xtrial and to be honest I don’t like it at all never have since I bought it two years ago EGR problems and all that but I’m thinking of getting rid and buying a Toyota Land Cruiser the write ups are very good.

Looking back on all the 4x4s I’ve had and I’ve had a few Daihatsu Fourtrack Fieldman was immense so much better than a Discovery and yep I’ve owned one of them as well big mistake selling the Fourtrack, it was a nice dark green colour there’s not many nice ones about now. 

You won’t regret getting a land cruiser . They are “the best” off road / on road vehicle there is . My brother in law is minted and lives in the back of beyond in Yorkshire he’s had Range Rovers , porch cayenne’s , he’s now got a Land cruiser and says it’s the best motor he’s ever had . Also what do the Arabs drive , and those guys could have any motor they wanted ?? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use this little beast soon having a transformation tho n game draws biult under box Ile post pics when she's done

Sold my last fourtrak to a lad on here...... Id buy it back in a heartbeat if he ever parts with it.... Piss over any landrover imo, little thirsty, not the fastest but a damn good workhorse and never

My brothers .Landcruiser Amazon 4.2 ..1994 ...this dosen’t get stuck very often .. mind the paintwork hasn’t always looked this good  he did roll it one year on the Maroc c

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Scafflad1 said:

[BANNED TEXT] mate it's got insa turbos Sahara's on it mate there cheap they last and there quiet on the road there like a soft but hard rubber never been stuck aniway and it's been in some sticky situations haha

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

One of my mates had the l200 and had issues with sensors, after repairing the head gasket, took ages to get sorted and cost him a fortune, soon as it was fixed he sold it.

another friend bought one last year, owned it for about 4 months and it spent nearly all of that back in the garage been fixed, sent it back in the end.

i have the ford ranger and like it a lot, had a few small issues with it all fixed under warranty but in general it’s been very good and hard a proper hard life, however I have heard they are also prone to playing up so perhaps I got lucky with this one.

I test drove the new d-max for 5 days recently and it’s as good if not better than the ranger, the 5 yr warranty sold it for me so deal done and I shall be getting one on the next plate.

• 2 months later...

Y reg hilux with insa turbo special tracks, I love it off road, it goes anywhere, but it's a slow, thirsty, noisy bugger on the the way there and back. The tyres are probably overkill but i got stuck a few times on all terrains and spent a night in the field. 

On 13/12/2018 at 10:21, The one said:

I like my Nissan pathfinder and there's loads of spares in the scrappy's  but its no a patch on the sons Ford Ranger buts its nearly brand new and not had a real work out 

I’ve got the ranger and it’s had a workout, and then another, and another, get the picture yet, it works bloody hard every day on and off road and it’s met every challenge well.

need good tyres (bf Goodrich) as I do a good mix of road/mud and some weight in the back as it’s a bit light on the back end. But overall very impressed with it in general, don’t like the fuel consumption ?

It’s time for a new truck now it’s 3 yrs old, I would like the Isuzu this time, not because the Ford is bad, but the warranty on the Isuzu clinches it for me.

My brothers .Landcruiser Amazon 4.2 ..1994 ...this dosen’t get stuck very often ..

39CDDD8C-32E3-4946-8203-377676897839.jpeg.ac0948daf796543a126192dd2b1a50db.jpeg

1C78A559-CBC1-432D-9913-811DC9DBE912.jpeg.6fdf97a16879d9942382ecaf8fa6da99.jpeg

mind the paintwork hasn’t always looked this good 

D3AF2BE1-C028-44A5-BC16-886E7BDFA75F.jpeg.59e4b5897895fc3808ce0a5a4cbfca78.jpeg

he did roll it one year on the Maroc challenge , four people in it all walked away unhurt .still got it and done two more Maroc’s .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1