25 minutes ago, Floyd17586 said:

I never thought they'd be that bad as was planning on buying one eventually but I'll stick to my cheap and cheerful kia.wonder is the Challenger or Shogun of that shape the same

Can’t comment on the shogun but the challenger has the same engine as the l200 so I’d avoid it.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I use this little beast soon having a transformation tho n game draws biult under box Ile post pics when she's done

Sold my last fourtrak to a lad on here...... Id buy it back in a heartbeat if he ever parts with it.... Piss over any landrover imo, little thirsty, not the fastest but a damn good workhorse and never

My brothers .Landcruiser Amazon 4.2 ..1994 ...this dosen’t get stuck very often .. mind the paintwork hasn’t always looked this good  he did roll it one year on the Maroc c

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

Can’t comment on the shogun but the challenger has the same engine as the l200 so I’d avoid it.

This Challenger has the 2.8, chain no belts which is a plus, although heads are known to crack. 

Mechanic told me best work 4x4 out there was a Isuzu dmax ?IMG_20170903_144458.thumb.jpg.fc9aefbd5304029d319a610073db6742.jpg

• Like 2

Iv'e had old ford rangers for the last few years,for work (bulk bag,cement and mixer on the back no probs),for dogs and to either tow a boat or i put my little rib on the roof and chuck the engine etc in the back.Easy to work on,i had over 35 mpg out of my old mk1 one a motorway run and cheap bits and there worth the best part of a grand in spares if you break them right...Drove to kent yesterday and bought one as i wrote my old one off a month or so ago and happy enough with it,just check for back axle whine and head gasket issues and some mk3's had iffy 5th gear issues but they sorted that with the mk4,i'm happy with mk1's and mk2's myself...

• Like 1

Ive always had isuzus and never had a problem,had all trucks,fancied a change a got a 62 plate hilux as a new motor,not been good,was thinking of getting the new shape hilux as a mate runs a toyota dealers.the isuzu has a 1900cc engine in it,put me off em.my 62 plate is a smashed as can be,the toyota dealer was in shock when he saw it for a trade in valuation.offered me 5250.

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/09/2018 at 22:16, Floyd17586 said:

Excellent little Jeep that goes any where 

What type tyres are on that please. Friend of mine got one but not sure on what or were to get some to fit his. Any help be much appreciated. Quoted wrong person sorry not sure on how to delete hopefully the Suzuki owner see this lol 

Edited by dog45
  • Like 1
On 13/09/2018 at 15:21, Daniel cain said:

Old swb pajero or fourtrak.. 

Loved my old fourtrak , I think I’ve had most of the off roasters over the years , but looking back the best of the lot was the Subaru brat pickup with an ifor Williams back . Go anywhere with road tyres as long as you had ground clearance . It had a flat four engine and they stopped making them because they would have had to redesign the engine to accommodate a catalytic converter . A real shame .  There is a market for a small 4x4 pickup and they were bomb proof if a little thirsty. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, shovel leaner said:

Loved my old fourtrak , I think I’ve had most of the off roasters over the years , but looking back the best of the lot was the Subaru brat pickup with an ifor Williams back . Go anywhere with road tyres as long as you had ground clearance . It had a flat four engine and they stopped making them because they would have had to redesign the engine to accommodate a catalytic converter . A real shame .  There is a market for a small 4x4 pickup and they were bomb proof if a little thirsty. 

Been after a scooby pick up for yrs but most are gone rotted away unless you import them. Wont go wrong with a forester mind, 2"lift go anywhere?thought about turning a fourtrak into a pick up.... Oneday when i got time?

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

Been after a scooby pick up for yrs but most are gone rotted away unless you import them. Wont go wrong with a forester mind, 2"lift go anywhere?thought about turning a fourtrak into a pick up.... Oneday when i got time?

My fourtrak , just wouldn’t die , I had it years , it was one of the last ones,  the independent suspension model . But they were basic and didn’t handle corners well . My wife loved it because of the big flat windscreen, she said she felt she could see everything and felt safe in it . If you do get one and turn it into a pick up , post some pictures. ?

• Like 2

At the moment I’ve got a Nissan Xtrial and to be honest I don’t like it at all never have since I bought it two years ago EGR problems and all that but I’m thinking of getting rid and buying a Toyota Land Cruiser the write ups are very good.

Looking back on all the 4x4s I’ve had and I’ve had a few Daihatsu Fourtrack Fieldman was immense so much better than a Discovery and yep I’ve owned one of them as well big mistake selling the Fourtrack, it was a nice dark green colour there’s not many nice ones about now. 

Edited by FLATTOP