Series 2 Land Rover

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be fair Gav getting shot of them every three years is the way forward ?, now it’s four your getting into the leaking zone , Walshie’s boy is looking at a59 year old one , it will only be getting 25

First thing to ask is does your lad have a tool kit and does he know how to use one?,he'll be needing one and know how to use one with a old landy..

If you don’t mind having your head under the bonnet most weekends get it cos it’s only going to go up in value . For a knock about weekend fun off-road motor you can’t beat them . But like has been sa

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Never had a problem with ours, no leaks, nothing! It's four years old now too. Im 6'2" 17 stone an fits me just fine. Would have just bought another new one when it got to 3 years old but ya can't any more. Hate paying for pointless mots

To be fair Gav getting shot of them every three years is the way forward ?, now it’s four your getting into the leaking zone , Walshie’s boy is looking at a59 year old one , it will only be getting 25 mpg out of it , I don’t know what the diesel consumption is like but if it’s anywhere near the oil consumption it will cost a fortune ... ?

• Haha 3
31 minutes ago, sussex said:

To be fair Gav getting shot of them every three years is the way forward ?, now it’s four your getting into the leaking zone , Walshie’s boy is looking at a59 year old one , it will only be getting 25 mpg out of it , I don’t know what the diesel consumption is like but if it’s anywhere near the oil consumption it will cost a fortune ... ?

Lucky bugger get around 20-22 mpg out of mine. Had a td5 before this and that was really old was a 1999 I think, but that didn't leak, just general maintenance. Had a series one as a young un don't remember having major problems with that, thank got for power steering ? had a 130 aswell, used to have to get out and twist the hubs for off road. They've come a long way now, gutted they've stopped making them. I wouldn't have one if I didn't have an off road use for em though I've got a dacia for road use ? 

I bought a 1961 2 and a quarter petrol one in about 1980, the only year it didn't show in Lancashire. Would do 70mph although it was like rowing a boat trying to steer it.

On a good run it would return 19mpg, normally 15. Remember buying diff oil at an alarming rate!

Cheers, D.

22 hours ago, Gav said:

Lucky bugger get around 20-22 mpg out of mine. Had a td5 before this and that was really old was a 1999 I think, but that didn't leak, just general maintenance. Had a series one as a young un don't remember having major problems with that, thank got for power steering ? had a 130 aswell, used to have to get out and twist the hubs for off road. They've come a long way now, gutted they've stopped making them. I wouldn't have one if I didn't have an off road use for em though I've got a dacia for road use ? 

The topic is about real land rovers, series 1-2-3 not air conned coil sprung Chelsea tractors 

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

Plenty of tidy ones out there....... Wont be under the cnut every other day like a landy?

Best thing to do is lift the body off the four track and stick a series body on it, all the benefits of an old landy with the reliability of a jap, a lad up the road from me has a swb pick up body on a 3.9 Range Rover chassis, tax and mot except with tons of power,disc brakes, power steering and a heater that works win win ?

• Like 1