Teckle

hopelander

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some great info on this post ?? I haven’t had a working dog in a while and was toying with the idea of a beddy / whippet / border / teckel and after a debate with the family we ventured out to SW

just a few of them bud

Had a bit of fun with mine and they got me through a couple of seasons, I enjoyed keeping them and having a ratch about but they never made proper earth dogs. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Nice pup 

but now I’m wondering what a beddy whippet x border/teckle would look like ??

cheers pal, this is a  beddy whippet x border/teckle from a previous litter :D

36992478_433783733764087_979899004785524736_n.jpg

• Haha 3
23 hours ago, Wxm said:

Some great info on this post ??

I haven’t had a working dog in a while and was toying with the idea of a beddy / whippet / border / teckel and after a debate with the family we ventured out to SW last night and collected a dog pup up and he seems a grand wee chap .. 

hes from imported working stock on both sides .. 

he’ll be used mainly for just mooching hopefully but after reading a few posts my best bet will be carrying a spade with me ?

8BB27D61-EF0E-4E21-A706-6CE8BF320D34.jpeg

Cracking pup, best of luck with him.

Do you think he'll get more broken coated or wirehaired? I have a pup here, both parents wirehaired and he came fairly smooth like your lad. Maybe they throw smooths as well?

Thanks

54 minutes ago, Rebel said:

Cracking pup, best of luck with him.

Do you think he'll get more broken coated or wirehaired? I have a pup here, both parents wirehaired and he came fairly smooth like your lad. Maybe they throw smooths as well?

Thanks

Thanks pal, to be truthful I’m not entirely sure, I’m thinking he’s going to be broken coated ... his dam and sire was more broken coated rather then Wirehaired .. one of his litter mates was really wirehaired cracking looking little bitch and hopefully in the near future that’s the type I’d be more inclined to go for ..

Snow pic is the sire

grass pic I’d the dam

976D049B-F905-45A3-9BB3-8D9050BE2270.jpeg

25E43895-5F59-4F11-9770-1181F74560AA.jpeg

• Like 5
31 minutes ago, Wxm said:

Morning, those with kc reg teckels are they down as miniature or just dachshund? Or something different? On the papers ?

Teckels are dachshunds thats just what they call them across the water , size wise  ie mini or standard ,rabbit is down to the weight they make under 12 lbs are classed as mini 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

Teckels we had would catch there knobs on sheep fencing when going through squares lol,good little hunters, got mine of Nick v.tryed to line it to a beagle bitch ,but never took ,

Would of been a good cross foxpack,heard very good reports of that very breeding.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, white van man said:

Good luck with the pup. Sure you will have some decent days out with him. Will he be mainly bushing to lurchers? 

Thanks, to be honest I wanted something to get out more with the kids, I haven’t had a dog I’d be willling to walk in a while so have got rather lazy and put on a bit of timber ?? .. the missus has a rescue Pomerania and it’s the most useless wee  fecker I’ve ever known .. when we’ve taken it out the little shite won’t walk and climbs under the pram for a ride ?? ... so now our kids are older I thought we’d get something that doesn’t have to fill the freezer but will actually walk and could have a bit of fun with .. in the long run I wouldn’t mind getting a small type lurcher or whippet but haven’t really thought much about it with not wanting to rush into anything. 

So it’s more of a mooching and bushing just to keep us all busy and hopefully fitter ?

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...