hopelander

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some great info on this post ?? I haven’t had a working dog in a while and was toying with the idea of a beddy / whippet / border / teckel and after a debate with the family we ventured out to SW

just a few of them bud

Had a bit of fun with mine and they got me through a couple of seasons, I enjoyed keeping them and having a ratch about but they never made proper earth dogs. 

Posted Images

you probably have the about the  same chance as a terrier dropping in mate, it depends on the dog.  some more steady types  will probably make  good ferreting dogs and some would will scream there heads off, teckels are hounds so they can be quite vocal.

5 hours ago, Lee_H said:

you probably have the about the  same chance as a terrier dropping in mate, it depends on the dog.  some more steady types  will probably make  good ferreting dogs and some would will scream there heads off, teckels are hounds so they can be quite vocal.

True that mate. I've always been interested in them i love how ballsy they are for their size. All the best with them anyway mate. Adam 

Got loads of the little shits all imported stock they will bush anything only a couple will try to drop in on rabbits all the rest will walk past un less its fox then your digging and yes there single handed there more of a bayer than anything else pups go from £600-800 with out papers 800-1500 with if you want them for earth work get one from imported lines as they still work them hard on the continent They can be head strong on a scent but i have also seen them in the beating line , ferreting , picking up and on the whistle you get out what you put in to them 

• Like 8
16 minutes ago, dymented said:

Got loads of the little shits all imported stock they will bush anything only a couple will try to drop in on rabbits all the rest will walk past un less its fox then your digging and yes there single handed there more of a bayer than anything else pups go from £600-800 with out papers 800-1500 with if you want them for earth work get one from imported lines as they still work them hard on the continent They can be head strong on a scent but i have also seen them in the beating line , ferreting , picking up and on the whistle you get out what you put in to them 

true mate they are versatile little dogs. my bitch is the litter sister to longnetters dog that writes for the cmw, he uses his for shooting over, picking up and ferreting, bushing ECT.  I use my bitch mainly for earth work which she is not bad at. but I reckon if I took her ferreting she would be a bit of a nightmare (she gets excited when she's marked something at home) but maybe things would be different if I brought her on to ferrets/ shooting at a young age?

• Like 1

Seen a few up scotland with keepers that were good ems few years back . I bought 2 off n. Valentine , one was a decent grafter other was shite . Kept going to ground on rabbits . Other was very vocal and sounded well but weren’t really built for the terrain I hunt. But as I say I have seen some belters 

Edited by Foxpack 2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, dymented said:

Do you hunt them as a pack Dymented?

How many would you hunt together.

Be great to see pics of them if you have any.

I have a bitch and dog pup grand little dogs

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Any photo's dymented and do breed.?

Intresting little dogs.

Try not to take photos these days just in case any one knocks if im bushing ill run up to 6 if im out doing earth work just take two on couplings and yes i do breed

• Like 4
2 hours ago, chrisbullx said:

i would really love to try 1 of these & are any of u breeding a litter next year?? what sort of price do u charge??  atb cbx

will be yes bud they go for between £600 -£1000 with or with out papers but have seen them go for nearly 2k