I’ve been on here since what 2006? When I moved to the Forest of Dean , used to be on here every evening , seen lot of people come and go ,met few people on here everyone been sound, but reading couple threads has got me wondering how long it will continue ,

same people rejoin under different names stirring shit up throwing insults , ruins it imho and lot of knowledgable people either don’t post or don’t come on here and with a field sport under constant pressure in these modern times it’s sad. Now I just sit here on my lunch break to pass the time. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In light of the intervening posts, the prosecution rests it's case, Your Honour..............?

I joined in 2013 and , in that time, I've learned a lot of things about a lot of thngs (from some knowledgeable people)  and had many  a good laugh. I've questioned many opinions, and had my own quest

Through @Tyla on this site, a chap I've never met, he has put me in touch with another chap I've never met from New Zealand and I'm now sorting out a trip to hunt Tahr and Chamois in the Southern Alps

Posted Images

There's always been characters and banter, even offliners but at the moment the worst thing is it's the same person seems to be dragging every thread down for no reason. He must get bored of being a c**t at some point surely?

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, gnipper said:

There's always been characters and banter, even offliners but at the moment the worst thing is it's the same person seems to be dragging every thread down for no reason. He must get bored of being a c**t at some point surely?

Yep Pete never gets tired does he flower...... 

24 minutes ago, gnipper said:

Spot on ..fe king mushroom .

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I got a ban once for suggesting that someone put an unwanted litter of pups in a bucket lol, seems these days you can say the most deprived of things and fyck all is said? Place is going downhill fast imo. Anyone can come on and read the shit..... Makes us all look like muppets?

• Like 4

Through @Tyla on this site, a chap I've never met, he has put me in touch with another chap I've never met from New Zealand and I'm now sorting out a trip to hunt Tahr and Chamois in the Southern Alps, backcountry style. Helo in, set up base camp and spot and stalk every day in the alps amongst the mountains and glaciers!

It hasn't happened yet but I honestly don't think I could have achieved that without the social reach, networking if you will, that forums like this offer.

Folks would do well to remember that even in cyber space, how you conduct yourself impacts how 'lucky' you are in life. Pride alone should be enough, but nevertheless....

Edited by Born Hunter
  • Like 12
  • Haha 1

I was guest 22 when IanB opened the doors back in 2004. Press-ganged from Moochers 2, or 3, I forget now...

Forums have always ebbed an flowed like that. That's one of the reasons this place sprung up. I've met some lifelong friends on this platform and despite a tide of sh*t that occasionally washes in it'll continue to thrive as long as people are willing to use it and there's been some damn good threads on here over the years. You always have the option to ignore any w*nk*r that you don't care to read.

We discussed this on a thread some months ago and this is the only form of social media I use. When us dinosaurs start to become extinct that's when the forums lifespan will drop. Personally, I like a place where I'm not limited to characters and every other f*ck*ng post is some duck lipped w*nk*r posing for an imaginary audience.

• Like 2

The trouble with the many-username helmets that keep on coming back is that they weren't banned in the first place for being model members. They say they don't care if they are banned yet almost immediately try rejoining using vpns or different devices in their panic to get back on.

We catch a lot of them and ban them again, but they keep trying, and consider it a badge of honour to have been banned x amount of times for being a c**t and think they are masterminds for creating a new username and "fooling" everyone.

They come back meek and mild so as not to draw attention to themselves, but it's not long before their craving for attention gets the better of them and the cuntery starts again.

As for stuff not being moderated like it used to be, it's hard to draw the line between letting things slip to save binning a whole thread and removing it with all the "where did so-and-so thread go" posts that are made shortly after. Removing offensive posts isn't always an option as it means trawling through pages and pages to find the relevant posts and by the time people have quoted that post it's multiplied. 

Use the report button and we'll try to sort it out. :thumbs:

7 minutes ago, baker boy said:

If someone is banned then rejoin why arent they banned again when your 100% sure who they are, are you banning a person or a username

Because it would be a never-ending job. We can't ban IP addresses now as a lot are dynamic and mobile ones are shared by lots of people, so if we banned it, it would ban a lot of other people too. 

5 minutes ago, baker boy said:

I dont think they want them banned again, same as the shit posted on threads that go on for dozens of pages, creates traffic for the site and thats mostly all that matters

Nice theory, but wrong on both counts.