Just back from the new bit

Just got back in from my new permission.

Been out with Stavross giving him the guided tour?

Unfortunately came back empty handed?

Loads of hares but very few rabbits.

One bonus is I reckon this going to be good for Charlie.

After having a wonder round getting the lay of the land, who did we see in the distance? Charlie! Just a bit to far to shoot with the 17. 

Back to the van for Stavs fox caller it was.

Got ourselves tucked nicely away in the open shed, this has a great arc over the area Charlie was sniffing round.

Gave it an hour with the caller, waiting patiently but to no avail

It was sniffing round about 20:30, so think I’ll be baiting up near where we seen it.

Im going to set myself up about 20:00 one night and see if it turns up again around the same time and see what happens. ( yes Stav I’ll give you a bell when I’m going?)

Was good having Stav onboard picked up some good tips up off him tonight in regards to foxes and there habits.

You should have seen his eyes light up when he spotted Charlie in the distance, like a kid on Christmas morning?, I was quite giddy myself?

Overall a good walk out even if we come back empty handed, apart from the owner coming over and handing me my signed permission form that’s always a bonus?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stavross said:

A nice walk out, you should do well on the foxes there with the village just up the road, if you go up on your own and you want to take the caller or another lamp for spotting just give me a shout ?

Nice one thanks Stav will do??