kelpie x

9 minutes ago, Terry Ermann said:

I've got two but I'm not a breeder

How do you find them terry are the just mainly rabbiting dogs or would they tackle teeth pre ban of course the collie cross was always my choice of dog how do they compare.only asking as I've read a lot about them and always had an intrest but never seen one work or known anyone personally whos them 

I've never owned or seen anything else that comes near to my bitch when it comes to rabbiting however I know she is my "dog of a lifetime" I'm likely going to spend the rest of my life trying to get somewhere near what she is. I'd never put here anywhere near a fox it's not the done thing in my profession ?

14633384_10154612952806168_813028823007333874_o.thumb.jpg.4485507757702c9e112686425456c86b.jpg 

• Like 5
13 minutes ago, Terry Ermann said:

I've never owned or seen anything else that comes near to my bitch when it comes to rabbiting however I know she is my "dog of a lifetime" I'm likely going to spend the rest of my life trying to get somewhere near what she is. I'd never put here anywhere near a fox it's not the done thing in my profession ?

14633384_10154612952806168_813028823007333874_o.thumb.jpg.4485507757702c9e112686425456c86b.jpg 

Is she  a 1st cross pal and how big is she 

• Like 1

A mate had one a few years ago...cracking looking dog.

Great prey drive, great at the rabbiting job all around... but a b*****d for guarding Him, the Nets, the dead rabbits, the warren and it was a fekker for attacking other dogs as it got older and more grumpy..lol

As a one-man dog out on his own it was fantastic..but it was hard work trying to work alongside him with my dog as it wouldn't let mine anywhere near the warren we were working...lol.

best rabbiting dog i ever had ,,and an outstanding shooting companion too,,i will struggle to find another like her ,,if im going anywhere non hunting i know shes coming too...shes never embarrassed me anywhere..i havent had a lead connected to her collar in 10 years ,,steady and loyal...

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jigsaw said:

best rabbiting dog i ever had ,,and an outstanding shooting companion too,,i will struggle to find another like her ,,if im going anywhere non hunting i know shes coming too...shes never embarrassed me anywhere..i havent had a lead connected to her collar in 10 years ,,steady and loyal...

You've got a lead on her in the second picture ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2