2 minutes ago, Greyman said:

I used to get sparrow Hawks crashing into my flight quite regular when I had canary,s many years back, must have drove them mad, but quite spectacular to see, I do miss it nice set up you have there ?

Rats and mink are my problem always got traps set but a few Canary's in aviary well relaxing

Cold drafts are what kills birds,so have a section out the wind where they can roost with a roof over their heads and most british bred finches will be ok outside over winter,i had scaffold netting i'd pull down over the front of my aviaries if the wind got up and that lets light in but sure blocks the wind out.Rats did it for me last winter in my flights and i'm having a year or so off birds but my garden sure ain't the same without an aviary in it ?..

• Like 4

Zebies bengos are easy to breed try canarys not much difference plus he prob like the variety of different colours ? ,and pal most birds are moulting now breeding season is over ,, be Feb again the breeding kicks in for most birds .. mules are lovely for singing

• Like 2
On ‎29‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 21:17, delboy_187 said:

I'm in Dublin I'll give you some of this years canary young and a mule or two I bred if you'd like 

Cheers delboy, I will keep that in mind. We are just in the process of clearing the shed and over the next week or 2 ill im going to start on the outdooe aviary. I will drop you a PM then.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

What a man Del Boy, I’ve noticed a few times you’ve stepped up an tried to sort somebody, good man an I hope all the good ye do come back ten fold??

He's a sound fella don he sorted me out with them two pups I have and a few years ago he dropped me down a goldfinch and the other day offered me a mule

• Like 2
6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye mate it’s obvious he a decent sort, few more folk like him about an we all be much better off ?

It's the upside of places like this, makes all the shit talk worth it,seeing one genuine act mate, well done to the lads that offered ?

• Like 3

Here's good one genuine story for luck ,, I bought samsung s6 at the door off litter lads from estate  last year and was blacklisted the  chinks hadn't soft ware out at the time to do it so it in drawer since last week when phone gave up . I chanced dropping it to the lad I know in local shopping (fixes phones , i look after him with stuff tht no good )centre he said ye no problem 15 euro be couple days so I left it week dropped in he says ye won't believe what happened someone broke in and clear out most the stuff including my phone so bein ok with the lad he said my boss has to replace every phone including your s7 ? in box  happy days 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.