Slow berrys

58 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Apparently trees dropping branch,s is also how they have coped with the hot dry weather mate lots of non fruit bearing trees also losing limbs, sacrifice a few branch,s to conserve water and save the main trunk, but your right Autumn is moving on at a pace, even the squirrels were harvesting Hazel nuts each morning in the trees behind the lakes in Devon the other week ?

Yes mate elm and oak are real bad for it ..... the squirrels outside my house are stripping the cob nut trees bare already this year ......

45 minutes ago, downsouth said:

How much are the worth.There is a load of trees packed with them behind the Gas site that im working on this week and the only way to get to them is through the panic gate at the back of the site.I was only saying to my boss and workmate today that i wasn't sure when you was meant to pick them.

Think rule of thumb is after first frost but doesnt seem like we get many these last few years

1 minute ago, C.green said:

Think rule of thumb is after first frost but doesnt seem like we get many these last few years

The first frost is so that the berries split. You can do the same by putting them in the freezer ???

• Like 2

I was only talking about sloes with one of the son in laws the other day. He made about 4 Ltrs last year. but I think that he gets in too much of a rush with stuff and doesn't let it mellow in. I had a bit of a look round the local sloe trees and they generally  look small, what there is of them probably due to the dry weather. They certainly seem to be early.  I've never heard of sloes for sale. How much has anyone ever paid for sloes. It wouldn't  even register to charge anyone for sloes.

Edited by Meece
5 hours ago, samuria said:

bit early for sloes ..... or are you talking different berries ?

There early this year seaminhly up here any way my spot has been cleaned out 

23 minutes ago, NEWKID said:

3kg of Devons finest sloes heading to Scotland tomorrow mate...

20180828_174456.jpg

20180828_191235.jpg

20180828_200607.jpg

20180828_201157.jpg

That is magic kev tell them I love them lol thanks mate mind and put your address on it thanks pal 

• Like 1